Added Applique To Non-applique Tailgate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeremyespinoza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to my local Ford Dealer and ordered an appliqué. Had them shave the mounting clips and epoxy it to my standard tailgate. Looks completely factory installed. Even had a factory installed appliqué on the dealer lot, could not tell any difference between the two side by side. What do you think?

Attachments

• IMG_0482.JPG
    IMG_0482.JPG
    60.4 KB · Views: 1,497

FatBuoy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to know this is an option. Looks good. I ordered mine without. Mind if I ask what you paid? I wonder if there's a way to add it to where it's removable without a trace? That would be the best of all worlds.

kandewinn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice to know this is an option. Looks good. I ordered mine without. Mind if I ask what you paid? I wonder if there's a way to add it to where it's removable without a trace? That would be the best of all worlds.

Not sure why OP posted a pic of my truck and is answering questions about install, but I ordered the appliqué from Fairway Ford on Ebay. My dealer then installed it for me for $135. They had me drop off my tailgate one morning, and I had it back by the same afternoon. You'll be around $700 all said and done.

Homer Jay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why OP posted a pic of my truck and is answering questions about install, but I ordered the appliqué from Fairway Ford on Ebay. My dealer then installed it for me for $135. They had me drop off my tailgate one morning, and I had it back by the same afternoon. You'll be around $700 all said and done.

That's right. You gave me the information where you got yours. They were sold out so I got mine from Tasca. Thanks for giving me the proof it could be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk