Adaptive cruise in traffic

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Too easy. Canada has more polite pedestrians that the Ford units can more easily accommodate than the haphazard, go before you look all the while yakking on a cell phone American pedestrians.

zmw

Reaction score
I would be shocked if Ford gave this feature to Canadians, but not Americans. I assume this is a mistake on the website. I would definitely keep my foot close to the brake pedal the first time you try it in traffic.

---------- Post added at 12:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:28 PM ----------

Raptor does not have automatic braking. The truck beeps at you and flashes a warning, but it won't brake for you. If it senses an imminent collision, it will apply full brake pressure when you tap the brake. But you still have to press the brake to initiate the full braking.

The raptor most definitely DOES have automatic braking - in your settings you can enable it to alert or alert and aid - I have personally experienced it already as someone cut me off and slammed on their brakes in traffic. Now what I don't know is if it operates when cruise is NOT enabled, I had cruise set at 65 we were going approximately 35, and then traffic came to an instant stop - the raptor did MOST of that braking and yelled at me with the blinking red lights.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The raptor most definitely DOES have automatic braking - in your settings you can enable it to alert or alert and aid - I have personally experienced it already as someone cut me off and slammed on their brakes in traffic. Now what I don't know is if it operates when cruise is NOT enabled, I had cruise set at 65 we were going approximately 35, and then traffic came to an instant stop - the raptor did MOST of that braking and yelled at me with the blinking red lights.

Raptor will do most of the braking once you apply a minimum level of brakes, but it will not initiate braking. If you do not touch the brakes you will most definitely collide with what the truck is warning you about.

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Raptor will apply the brakes if necessary while using cruise only. If cruise control is not being used it will do nothing until the collision warning is activated and then it will boost brake pressure in the system but it's up to you to press the pedal.. if you don't you will crash. But when you do it has basically primed the system preparing for an emergency stop.

braptorin

Reaction score
I'm reviving this old thread because the 2019 (and maybe the 2020) have some potentially meaningful updates. I read that the 2019 added Automatic Emergency Braking and I think that requires the low speed LIDAR sensor... sooo... perhaps cruise control will now take Raptors down to zero and restart (basically manage low speed traffic)?

This YouTube video mentions the new sensor:

I wish and hope the 2019/2020 have full cruise control capabilities, but I haven't seen a single video of someone actually proving it's real, so I don't hold out much hope. Anyone in a 2019 or 2020 care to comment?

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm reviving this old thread because the 2019 (and maybe the 2020) have some potentially meaningful updates. I read that the 2019 added Automatic Emergency Braking and I think that requires the low speed LIDAR sensor... sooo... perhaps cruise control will now take Raptors down to zero and restart (basically manage low speed traffic)?

This YouTube video mentions the new sensor:

I wish and hope the 2019/2020 have full cruise control capabilities, but I haven't seen a single video of someone actually proving it's real, so I don't hold out much hope. Anyone in a 2019 or 2020 care to comment?
I have a 19, full cruise stop and go

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 has stop and go. It's miles better than the one in the G80 I had, much smoother. Great for those times you're in heavy stop and go highway traffic.

JohnC12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 19 has stop and go...but it isn't true hands off. If you come to a complete stop for more than a few seconds, you have to press the cruise control RESUME button to start rolling again
I’ve used the stop and go only once and have a question about the resume feature. Don’t you have to push it only once and you’re good to go for the remainder of your trip, or do you have to push the resume every single time. I was under the impression it was the former. Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You push resume to get back to the previously set speed after cruise disengagement for whatever reason. With the full stop and go system, I think after you’re stopped for some set period of time. As we all know, the old system bailed out at something like 12mph or so, and you would have to resume once above that threshold.