AC takes a while to blow cold

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Deetsmx

Reaction score
Like the title says, the AC in my base crew cab takes a while to blow cold air. It's been around 90 degrees here and I had to put it on max ac already and it still didn't freeze me out. It's an 18 I bought two months ago, ironically after Nissan purchased my Titan back due to AC issues and shifting problems.

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Mine freezes me out in about 4 minutes, and that's 90 degree heat in Texas. Granted, I do have sun visors up during the day, but it still gets quite hot.

Is it accidentally going to defrost? Rolling down the windows initially will help vent the hot air out of your truck and cool it faster.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I haven't been thrilled with the AC performance in my Raptor, but tints did help a lot and I don't have the fancy ceramic stuff which would probably be even better. Before the tints my left side would cook if the sun was beating through the driver side windows. I felt more heat from there than I did from the windshield. After the tints it's far more comfortable. The cooled seats (if you have them) go a long way to help cool you off too.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are the windows tinted from the factory? I bought my truck used and the seller never said anything about having window tints done.... but they look darker than I’d expect a stock vehicle to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are the windows tinted from the factory? I bought my truck used and the seller never said anything about having window tints done.... but they look darker than I’d expect a stock vehicle to be.

The rear ones are tinted from the factory.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van

You can generally look at the top of the window to see if there's aftermarket tint added to a vehicle. If you can't, take it to a tint shop and ask them. Don't mind them laughing at you for not being able to tell on your own though.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can generally look at the top of the window to see if there's aftermarket tint added to a vehicle. If you can't, take it to a tint shop and ask them. Don't mind them laughing at you for not being able to tell on your own though.

There’s definitely a film on it. Was asking if that was stock... but I suppose the answer is a “no” it’s not— the previous seller must’ve done it. Fine by me though! Free tint that I would’ve had to do anyways.

There’s a whole list of stuff he forgot to advertise... stubby antenna, Rappy graphics, window tint, rear fender liners, 2018 raptor key fob... was pretty cool to buy it and realize this other 400-$500 I set aside for this stuff was already done. Auto start stop was also already hard mod disabled... saved me from having to deal with that too. Dude must have been a member of this forum haha.

Last edited:

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would consider my AC performance and time to gel cold about average with the many cars & trucks I've drive. How ever....not used to a black interior and dark outside color (Lightning Blue) so it does get much hotter inside then my last trk of 14yrs.