802A Camera - Available Always?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Draglais

Reaction score
Hey all - Has anyone developed / discovered a way to make the forward facing cameras available while moving (over 5 mph)? There are a few really tight places that I goto quite frequently, and it's quite annoying to always see the message that says features are disabled while the vehicle is in motion. Is there anyway to defeat this "safety" feature?

Sorry if this is a re-post, I have attempted to search, but wasn't really able to find anything about this for the Sync 3 system.

Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
To my knowledge there is no solution.

I could be wrong but my guess is it works off the speed sensor. On my Corvette with a forum tip I found the speed sensor wire and put it on a switch so I could enter destinations while driving and then switch it back so the distance calculation could take place.

So if someone knew what wire that was on the truck Id be willing to cut it to experiment if theres some confidence thats what signals the front cam.

Quaesta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey all - Has anyone developed / discovered a way to make the forward facing cameras available while moving (over 5 mph)? There are a few really tight places that I goto quite frequently, and it's quite annoying to always see the message that says features are disabled while the vehicle is in motion. Is there anyway to defeat this "safety" feature?

Sorry if this is a re-post, I have attempted to search, but wasn't really able to find anything about this for the Sync 3 system.

Any thoughts would be great! Thanks!

So I am at Nav-Tv to pick up my zen controller and it just so happens they are releasing system next week that will allow you to access all cameras while moving. The side cameras will also come on full screen and will be activated by the turn signals. Pretty cool stuff from what they are showing me. It will be the COD-F50 NTV-KIT899.

jasonbrent

Reaction score
So I am at Nav-Tv to pick up my zen controller and it just so happens they are releasing system next week that will allow you to access all cameras while moving. The side cameras will also come on full screen and will be activated by the turn signals. Pretty cool stuff from what they are showing me. It will be the COD-F50 NTV-KIT899.

How is that different from https://navtv.com/products/NTV-KIT899/cod-f50.html ? -- which says it only works on superduty vehicles F250 and up...

-j