7.0 V8... Yes... Again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time an F150 had a more powerful motor than the Raptor?

the 7.0 f150 and 7.0 raptor is all speculation at this point..... so you can't really have an argument over a bunch of "what if's."

who says that the next raptor isn't a different tuned 3.5 ecoboost? if the 7.0 f150 does come out, doesn't necessarily mean ford can't up the current ecoboost to 550hp 550tq. Yeah it's not a v8, but you can't deny that the HO ecoboost works well. It's lighter and more powerful than the old 6.2 v8.
The ford GT is a 3.5 twin turbo six banger also.

Just gotta wait and see what happens. Wether it's the 7L v8, or 3.5 ecoboost........ there's going to be a lot of "i told you so" going on around here LOL>

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm no longer discounting this rumor. That sure will **** off all you 2017-18 Gen 2 owners if this is true. Especially the ones who paid ADM's. Prices will drop like a used Dodge Ram on those 17-18 Raptors.

As a 2017 owner, this news really scares me. Does anyone know how many horsepower my V6TT will lose when the V8 comes out? I love how fast my Raptor is now, but I'm not sure how much fun it will be after the V8 comes out.

OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the 7.0 f150 and 7.0 raptor is all speculation at this point..... so you can't really have an argument over a bunch of "what if's."

who says that the next raptor isn't a different tuned 3.5 ecoboost? if the 7.0 f150 does come out, doesn't necessarily mean ford can't up the current ecoboost to 550hp 550tq. Yeah it's not a v8, but you can't deny that the HO ecoboost works well. It's lighter and more powerful than the old 6.2 v8.
The ford GT is a 3.5 twin turbo six banger also.

But we aren't talking about the old 6.2 V8... I'll take the current 3.5TT over the old 6.2 any day.

It doesn't make sense for ford to put a brand new motor in a F150 and "up tune" the 3.5 for the Raptor. Why would they do that when they have a brand new 7.0 V8?

It doesn't makes sense that this motor doesn't/won't exist at all either, there's just too much talk for it to be vaporware.

The Raptor is getting a V8. The question is not if, but when.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When was the last time a ford truck made more power than their 400k$ supercar?

And the gen2 ecoboost is closer to being a gt engine than a Taurus engine. In fact it shares more parts with the ford gt than any other vehicle ford makes.

-Ryan-

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the 7.0 V8 is going in the Super Duty not the F150. And it's a downsize from the V10. All manufacturers from Ford to Ferrari are downsizing their motors and going to forced induction. There's no way Ford would go back to a 7L V8 NA in the Raptor. Like some else said, if anything they'll just bump up the power on the Raptor by increasing turbo size or psi.

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll say it again....... this youtube video does not prove anything at this point. He's literally re-reading articles that have been out for over a year now.

I'm excited to see what's in store for the future.....that's why i'm on this forum. But I'm not getting my hopes up until I see what ford announces officially.

Hopefully it's sooner than later.

I hope it's an even more powerful ecoboost at this point. I'm a huge fan of forced induction. And I want all the ecoboost haters to hate life even more when the next raptor is a monster 6 cylinder turbo motor. Maybe then they can all hold out for the 8.8L v8 rumored for 2026.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'll say it again....... this youtube video does not prove anything at this point. He's literally re-reading articles that have been out for over a year now.

I'm excited to see what's in store for the future.....that's why i'm on this forum. But I'm not getting my hopes up until I see what ford announces officially.

Hopefully it's sooner than later.

I agree it doesn't prove anything. I just think the speculation is fun.

the 7.0 V8 is going in the Super Duty not the F150. And it's a downsize from the V10. All manufacturers from Ford to Ferrari are downsizing their motors and going to forced induction. There's no way Ford would go back to a 7L V8 NA in the Raptor. Like some else said, if anything they'll just bump up the power on the Raptor by increasing turbo size or psi.

This sounds plausible

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Over on Blue Oval, they're saying this motor hasn't even started the testing phase yet. By the time it hits production, it will be too late for the 19's.

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I love how fast my Raptor is now, but I'm not sure how much fun it will be after the V8 comes out.

You think your Raptor is fast? What did you trade up from? Let me guess, was it an Accord? Or an STI? (note, I am referring to the Subaru, not the other STI, I don't want to be reported by sensitive Jennies!)