6 year 100k bumper2bumper

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I purchased a 6 year 100k bumper to bumper for 1500 dollars. It does have a 100 dollar deductible. Did I make a bad decision getting this or is it worth it? I've never purchased extra coverage before

SZDZMTR

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So basically you paid $1500 for additional 3 year warranty and 64k additional miles after 3/36k mile BTB factory warranty runs out. Time or miles whichever comes first....$500 per year. Not a bad idea in any sense, because you are looking at a much higher cost to repair GEN2 trucks.
Its always a piece of mind when it comes to cars or trucks. One trip to service department can make it pay for itself.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yea you got a good price if you got that through the dealer.

I was considering it but the dealer wanted $3900! thats how they were making more money off me considering i got the truck at msrp.

I ended up not getting the Ford warranty but got one through Mercury my insurance company. They charged me only $850 and it is bumper to bumper all electornics for the balance up to 6 years / 100K miles. Mine also has a 100 deductible and can be used at any Ford dealership or anywhere else I would like to take the vehicle.

Lots of people get scammed by these add on factory warrantys but at $1500 you did not do bad at all.

OP
OP
M

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The way I got it is with the bank I borrowed the money from. They have a thing set up with ford. Aslong as I used them for my loan I got the extended warranty for 1500 dollars with 100 deductible for the 6yr/100k miles. Any ford service department will fix anything up until I reach the 6 or 100k. I asked because it sounded good but I had never purchased one before and wasn't sure if I payed too much. The finance rate I got was about as low as I was being offered at everywhere I checked also. I wanted to use my bank USAA but to get the extended warranty for price I got it at I had to use citizens bank. I got 3 pct finance rate, not the greatest but it's what I got

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ i hear you no matter what they are making $ of us which is how business works I guess.

I almost bought into the finance guys BS when I purchased my Raptor. Luckily my Mercury agent had the deal he offered me.

It was funny because my loan is through a credit union out of San Diego where I bought the truck. They offered me 2.59% for a 5 year loan. I did not realize that they would out source the loan figured it would just be through Ford credit. Oh well a payment is a payment.

I think you did fine though with the $1500

MikeEby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm usually totally against prepaying for repairs. In this case if you didn't overpay for the truck then its a good deal. If you paid a $10K ADM I would say not. It really depends on the whole package including your trade value if there was one.

Mike

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always a good idea to get an extended warranty, not sure if they just sell you the Ford ESP or not but in my experience that's the best one available. That being said, sorry to say but I've never seen such thing as "bumper to bumper" after Ford's 3/36 is over. There will be components that wont be covered and the trim items will definitely not be covered. The "bumper to bumper" is typically a lie or a phrase similar to "it's LIKE bumper to bumper" being used by finance people to make you think so. (Ford Service Advisor here)

D

Deleted member 12951

@Msb.19d, Really need to see the details of the warranty. Most 3rd party warranties are crap with unnecessary run arounds and stipulations that are designed to wear you out. The bank is just reselling a product that they get at wholesale to make more money on the loan.

The only extended warranty in my opinion worth getting is a Ford ESP. I got their PremierCare on my GEN1 for 7yrs/125k with a $200 deduct.

To give you a perspective, you can get the PremierCare Ford ESP for 6yrs/100k with $100 ded that includes 1st day rental and enhanced rental for more coverage and better rental selection, covers all bulbs and key service for $1570. This is the best Ford ESP warranty you can get. Personally I would get rid of that bank warranty and get the Ford one instead. I don't think you did very well, get out of it before you can't.

NOTE: The Ford ESP pricing is increasing on 10/4/17. They always seem to do that during this time of year.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
No matter what price you paid, extended warranties are only good for the people who sell them.

Warranty companies typically only payout half of what they bring in. The rest covers sales, marketing, administration, and profit. At least 2/3 of people would be better off not buying the warranty because they won't use it at all or the benefit doesn't recoup the initial cost.

I save a ton of money by skipping every extended warranty and then just paying out of pocket in the rare instance I have a failure that would have been covered. But more times than not, the failure either occurs during the standard factory warranty, or long after an extended warranty would have expired.