5.2L Gen2 Raptor Advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Hey, I had the same opinion of the V8 Mustangs when I managed to lunch a cam chain tensioner. One minute it was fine, the next it ran like @$$ below 2500 rpms. That car was down ...10 weeks if I remember correctly until it got fixed.

guess what - life isn’t any better with 2 more pistons, they will still break.
You’re soured because your truck had a pretty major malfunction, but there’s still under a dozen here reporting major engine issues on the 2017+. The failure rate isn’t abnormally high, high, medium or even low based on the scientific method of counting FRF posters who admit to having gen 2 Raps.

Of course, from your perspective, the failure rate is 100%. I’m just pointing out that you’ve got the truck in for warranty, unless you’re rolling in cash enough that you could afford a few super duty’s and a couple more Raptors, you should probably take a step back and be more realistic. Now, if you have the swag, and don’t have to worry about emissions, the go big, or go home.

514 crate motor.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Hey, I had the same opinion of the V8 Mustangs when I managed to lunch a cam chain tensioner. One minute it was fine, the next it ran like @$$ below 2500 rpms. That car was down ...10 weeks if I remember correctly until it got fixed.

guess what - life isn’t any better with 2 more pistons, they will still break.
You’re soured because your truck had a pretty major malfunction, but there’s still under a dozen here reporting major engine issues on the 2017+. The failure rate isn’t abnormally high, high, medium or even low based on the scientific method of counting FRF posters who admit to having gen 2 Raps.

Of course, from your perspective, the failure rate is 100%. I’m just pointing out that you’ve got the truck in for warranty, unless you’re rolling in cash enough that you could afford a few super duty’s and a couple more Raptors, you should probably take a step back and be more realistic. Now, if you have the swag, and don’t have to worry about emissions, the go big, or go home.

514 crate motor.

psch.. For my imaginary stupid money, I'd going NRE Warrior series with alien turbos...

"454 SBF Intercooled Twin Turbo Dual Fuel Technology
Yes we heard you. We now have a Warrior Series for the
Fords. 2500 HP and 2000 TQ race trim with 1600HP and 1470
TQ in street trim."

Comes in around $52K sans install.

tt-frw.jpg

RaptArAz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here’s my 760 swap I did.

aefe2b3c436d8e2c688059267b2a9731.jpg

But if you’re looking for serious answers, you probably want something more torquey and not as high reviving as the 5.2.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

If I send you a picture of my truck, can you perform the same swap for me? How much?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Here’s my 760 swap I did.

aefe2b3c436d8e2c688059267b2a9731.jpg

But if you’re looking for serious answers, you probably want something more torquey and not as high reviving as the 5.2.

Sent from my 2017 Raptor using Tapatalk

i think he's thinking 5.2L CPC motor.

If he's thinking about putting a voodoo in it, and the raptor's power band isn't "good enough", it is gonna be a wicked fun first test drive. :win: