5.2L Gen2 Raptor Advice.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
I think you should 4BT swap it. I hear that is all the rage.

Or you could throw a hi-tech 12v cummins in it.

If you have to have a v8, do as another poster said, trade the raptor for a loaded platinum or whatever, take the extra cash, write a check to SVC or rogue or someone, wait 6 months, then get your long travel, supercharged V8 f150 back.

If you think resale sucks on raptors, wait till you want to dump your new toy.

You'll end up well over 100K in to do it right, and you might get 50K for it in a year when you want to sell it because "it sucks".

My 2nd gt350 sat at the dealer for 3 damn months waiting for a transmission tail housing. Consider yourself lucky.

reaper1441

Full Access Member
Reaction score
trade it in. buy a v8 f150 or v8 tundra. buy a supercharger and a camburg engineering long travel kit. Done.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
well, that solved everything.

What realistic responses were you expecting? You're talking about doing an engine swap that hasn't been done before afik, on a brand new truck that's still under warranty because you ran into an issue and it's been at the dealer for an entire week... Which makes it seems like you think this engine swap is going to be as quick and painless as changing your air filter and you'll drive off into the sunset with all your car problems behind you.