4wd engagement/disengagement speed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mistacheese

Reaction score
Hey folks, apologies as I couldn't find any info on this while searching, and I'm sure it's been discussed.

In my 2010 Tundra I can switch on or off 4wd high at any speed up to 100KM/h, but if you use, for example, 4 high on an on ramp merging to a highway when you're up to the speed of traffic it's usually above 100. You have to slow below 100 to disengage it and it drives me nuts. (Canadian here, the highways will be well maintained and just wet, while you can sometimes see fresh snow on the on ramp)

Does the raptor behave this way, or can you switch in and out at any speed?

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I want to say that there is a similar limit to the 4WD engagement speed on the Raptor, and that it is 55 mph (a little below 100 kmh).

The owner's manual is online (you should be able to locate it via Google), so read that to be sure...

Smokeshow60

SgtMajor of the MemeCorps
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is exactly why a manual is included with each and every new vehicle purchase... but the answer to your question 4h isn't what you want in that situation... 4a is there 4 a reason... that's what u want . And no engagement/disengagement speed limit for 4a. Again the manual is your friend

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
OP
OP
Mistacheese

Mistacheese

Reaction score

Wow, thanks a lot for taking the time to share this, eh. Will get reading now!