4 Post lifts & Raptors... c'mon in!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What 4 post lifts do you guys have or have had your Raptor on?

Spent a good deal of time on recon for my lift purchase, and finally now able to order mine with build wrapping up... Sadly, in the interim of last few months of build delays they discontinued the Atlas 409HP which met all the criteria I had Any guidance on options i might have missed or specs i'm overthinking? Any $.02 would be much appreciated. Some Ideal specs i had in mind:

~85"+ overall width of runners (My raptor has a track width of 86"+)
~110"+ (100+ doable) between posts (truck width mirror to mirror is 8ft)
~200" or less length preferred (ramps not incl)
~125" or less overall width (motor not incl)

Vehicles to be on it:
Raptor Supercab - 220" L | 86" W | 79" H | 6k lbs
Chevy SS (Holden VF) - 196" L | 75" W | 58" H | 4k lbs
65 Fastback Mustang - 181" L |68" W | 49" H | 2.8k Lbs

While there are many options out there, the biggest hurdle is finding a hobbyist lift with 85"+ of total runner width. Found some reasonably priced commercial lifts, but lacks some good features the hobby lifts offer. I really liked the Atlas offerings given several friends have them with years of first hand experience on them, but more so the price w/ (2) roller jack combo packages ~$4k shipped

Atlas 409HP - not avail now, but specs for comparison were:
86" overall runner width
124" wide
197" Long
112" between posts
42" center opening

Atlas 412 commercial - has very close size specs to 409HP, but uses air, lacks single release, is more $ (less important), and overall more heavy duty than i need (added work to assemble move etc)
88.5" overall runner width
124" wide
197" Long
112" between posts
42" center opening

Atlas 9000 - has some similar specs (though wider and longer, which isn't needed and more hassle for space), the overall runner width of 79" is biggest downer for me, also narrower center.
79" overall runner width
131.5" wide
204" Long
110" between posts
35.5" center opening

Bendpak 9XW - Specs are doable (shorter and narrower), couple more inches of track width over 9000, with wider center opening too. Adding jacks at $1k each is a downer though.
83" overall runner width
117" wide
198" Long
45" center opening

Any other options that might be recommended to fit the bill?

23x37_mockupCars_0001_zps9kqcamy3.jpg

sjsan12

Reaction score
Can't recommend another option but I love my Bendpak 9XW. Don't have my Raptor yet, but checked all the specs prior to ordering it.

Biggest thing for me was being able to park the wife's Suburban under the lift. I have the runway decking and use it for storage too.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on the DirectLift ProPark9 Plus.

Four Post Lift - Pro Park 9 PLUS

I looked at Atlas but prefer the fact that DirectLift is ALI certified. I like to know the when I have 9000# above me, that someone has verified that it will handle it.

sjsan12

Reaction score
I'm planning on the DirectLift ProPark9 Plus.

Four Post Lift - Pro Park 9 PLUS

I looked at Atlas but prefer the fact that DirectLift is ALI certified. I like to know the when I have 9000# above me, that someone has verified that it will handle it.

You won't need to park the truck under the runways ever will you? Only 3/4 inch clearance on that lift. Just an FYI.....

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You won't need to park the truck under the runways ever will you? Only 3/4 inch clearance on that lift. Just an FYI.....

With 1700 sq ft, parking space is not my reason for a lift.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170101-214103.jpg
    Screenshot_20170101-214103.jpg
    124.9 KB · Views: 91

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have you considered a 2 post?

I have an Atlas 2-post OH-10X It's an extra wide and extra tall 10k# lift.

It's marketed as fitting anything from a smart car to a dual wheel truck

You can drive a dual wheel pickup though between the posts.

I did a lot of research on lifts and settled on that one. I built my garage around the lift. So I vaulted one bay to 14' ceilings (lift requires 13' 8" to stand the posts up) since I didn't want to heat and cool 14' through the entire garage.

I've had anything from my side by tide to an F150 CC 6 1/2' bed on it and it's been great.

The only short coming on that lift is the speed both up and down. No issue to me for the amount I use it but if you were using it on a daily basis I could see that getting annoying.

I store a car on that lift and two underneath.

ramx50

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't recommend another option but I love my Bendpak 9XW. Don't have my Raptor yet, but checked all the specs prior to ordering it.

Biggest thing for me was being able to park the wife's Suburban under the lift. I have the runway decking and use it for storage too.

Same here for me, I have the BendPak HD-9 with the roll jacks and love it.

OneBadSS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you considered a 2 post?

I have an Atlas 2-post OH-10X It's an extra wide and extra tall 10k# lift.

It's marketed as fitting anything from a smart car to a dual wheel truck

You can drive a dual wheel pickup though between the posts.

I did a lot of research on lifts and settled on that one. I built my garage around the lift. So I vaulted one bay to 14' ceilings (lift requires 13' 8" to stand the posts up) since I didn't want to heat and cool 14' through the entire garage.

I've had anything from my side by tide to an F150 CC 6 1/2' bed on it and it's been great.

The only short coming on that lift is the speed both up and down. No issue to me for the amount I use it but if you were using it on a daily basis I could see that getting annoying.

I store a car on that lift and two underneath.

I was just going to ask the same question. Like Darin, I vaulted one bay of our 4-car garage to accommodate the lift and installed a high-track rail system and side mount opener for the door for added ceiling clearance.

OP
OP
Sitdown

Sitdown

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 4 post is ideal given my planned uses, mostly to shuffle cars on and under. Just figure when I do put the truck on it, I'd like for it to be suitable and safe. 2 post would Simplify decisions, and be way cheaper , but 4 post will make day to day use easier

I'll have 14.5' or so where cab of truck can will get close to roof pitch, should be good for 6' tall person under the truck. Walls are 10' and lift area will be notched so no issues with post clearance, most 4 posts are only 8' or so.

Right now I'm Really hoping I find another 4 post option, or a leftover stock of the 409hp somewhere

03'Darin

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The 4 post is ideal given my planned uses, mostly to shuffle cars on and under. Just figure when I do put the truck on it, I'd like for it to be suitable and safe. 2 post would Simplify decisions, and be way cheaper , but 4 post will make day to day use easier

I'll have 14.5' or so where cab of truck can will get close to roof pitch, should be good for 6' tall person under the truck. Walls are 10' and lift area will be notched so no issues with post clearance, most 4 posts are only 8' or so.

Right now I'm Really hoping I find another 4 post option, or a leftover stock of the 409hp somewhere

Are you doing a lift with wheels so it's portable?