3rd brake light stays on....Normal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SJRaptorG2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Third brake light turns on when headlight lights or parking lights are turned on, manual and auto. They are dimmed like the two rear lights and get brighter when applying the brakes like the two rear lights. Is this normal for the raptor? Someone driving behind me at night told me it looks confusing, looks like I’m riding my brakes.

Can anyone check their G2 and let me know if this is normal.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup, DOT requirements - same with Gen 1, and I've heard the same from my wife driving behind me.

It's an easy way to spot Raptors at night!

The third brake light LEDs absolutely provide a sophisticated and distinguished look that differentiates the Raptor from every other production pick up.

Personally, they look awesome to me. I like that they are different but they are really a nice touch on Raptors. The front and rear marker lights are one of my favorite parts about the look of Raptors.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
^Agreed. Love the clearance lights. Kind of wish the front clearance lights we're on the top of the roof however.

RaptorEnthusiast

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^Agreed. Love the clearance lights. Kind of wish the front clearance lights we're on the top of the roof however.

Really? I think it's brilliant the way Ford incorporated the front markers into the grill and at the bottom outside edges of the head lights. That gives a unique look that can be identified as the "Raptor" look.

In regards to the gen 1 looks, Ford nailed it. There is not one thing I would change about it in my opinion.

J.Bodolay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agree with all above. Required, normal, and a classic Raptor identifier.

Third brake light... Someone driving behind me at night told me it looks confusing...

Pay the driver no mind. Some people navigate their entire lives that way.