GEN 2 3M paint protection wrap?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mike svt

Reaction score
I am getting my raptor whole front end car with the 3m paint protection wrap heard really good things about it. Anyone have it on their raptor that can advise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FmaxTurboSi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you want to keep the satin look of the grille, bumper and fender flares, then get the matte wrap (xpel stealth or similar) on those areas.

And you get what you pay for when it comes to the material itself. I had the xpel ultimate on my last truck and it was significantly better than the crap the dealers have installed.

I'm planning on going with the xpel ultimate on the glossy parts again and the xpel stealth on the satin parts of the truck. I suggest mirror caps, door cups, door edges, and maybe even the gloss black door pillars if you can shell out the extra cash.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Mike svt

Reaction score
Yahh they doing door caps whole front end whole hood and rear bottom of fender then getting tints in front windows and windshield hot comes out nice so I can send some pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

venomblue22

Reaction score
I have expel on all my vehicles, love it, regardless of the make its a protective sacrificial wrap, it can always be redone

bo1966

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're gonna do this invest in the ceramic coating as well. I swear by by that stuff. That seems a little high for just the film. Mine is 6k with the ceramic. If they tell you they can do it in a couple of days, pass. Find someone else. They had my chicks Z06 for 6 days and the raptor for 8

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I spent about $6500 on mine, went with Suntek. Initially I got the front end done and just last week got the rest of the truck done. Would have probably been closer to $5500-6000 if I had just done the whole thing to begin with. I also went ahead and got the ceramic coating done. They went with a matte film for the grill, applique and fenders.

1f2XrjK.jpg

q4Z25eK.jpg

zWnTtTR.jpg

Last edited: