36 Hour Baja Run all is welcome

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Doing a little 36 hour Baja run this weekend-

Meet Ramco gas station Tecate, CA 6am 9/16 Saturday Morning. Cruise through the Pine forest down to Ojos Negros- Jump over to Mikes sky Ranch then cruise down over to the Pacific side and have dinner in Erendia. (Depending on how many persons we will be camping or lodging ) Sunday morning cruise up the coast to La Bufadora. Jump on the highway just south of Ensenada and hit the Border by 4pm ish Sunday.

Ive done a lot of the route already either on my Bike or in the truck. Some will be new to me but all will be fun.

Checklist- Race radio (at least a VHF MARINE) - Full size spare- 5 Extra Gallons Gas- Food and Snacks - Cooler - Beach Chair!-

Hope some of you make it.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender 18.jpg
    FullSizeRender 18.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_0568.jpg
    IMG_0568.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 112

gneissday

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me too, love the idea! Can't do it this weekend, however. Also, TBH, I'm a little nervous about travel into Mexico with all the crap I hear about. KentSD, I know you've done this trip so many times. Ever have any issues? Not mechanical, but safety wise? Maybe if a big enough group goes in the future I'll feel more comfortable. Yeah I know, I'm a *****, blah, blah, blah...

tcm glx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
X3 on the interested but can't this weekend.

Baja is safe, no different than Los Angeles. Travel into East LA at midnight, you might have some problems. Same for Baja, travel in a group in safe areas and you'd be fine.

I've done this run several times in My bronco, but cutting down through Compadre Trail, not the pine forest. Would love to join next time around.

t2w

Reaction score
sounds awesome. wish I wasn't on call all weekend otherwise I'd join in. please keep me posted if you do something similar in the future!
thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
KentSD

KentSD

www.BookBaja.com Baja yacht Support
Reaction score
Me too, love the idea! Can't do it this weekend, however. Also, TBH, I'm a little nervous about travel into Mexico with all the crap I hear about. KentSD, I know you've done this trip so many times. Ever have any issues? Not mechanical, but safety wise? Maybe if a big enough group goes in the future I'll feel more comfortable. Yeah I know, I'm a *****, blah, blah, blah...

In 10 years I've never had an issue. Ive even done 15-20 Solo trips on top of group trips and never had an issue either. I get that question all the time don't stress- Were doing a big group trip in March to Loreto if you would be interested in that shoot me a PM.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:20 PM ----------

X3 on the interested but can't this weekend.

Baja is safe, no different than Los Angeles. Travel into East LA at midnight, you might have some problems. Same for Baja, travel in a group in safe areas and you'd be fine.

I've done this run several times in My bronco, but cutting down through Compadre Trail, not the pine forest. Would love to join next time around.

Ha I give the same speech! Touche amigo.

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i live in the midwest, i would love to plan a trip out there sometime. the wife and i will be driving to CA for the first time next year.

if you have something planned in the future let us know, would like to make a run down there.

D

Deleted member 12951

i live in the midwest, i would love to plan a trip out there sometime. the wife and i will be driving to CA for the first time next year.

if you have something planned in the future let us know, would like to make a run down there.

In Missouri, been there twice. Would be cool to follow each other out there, makes the long drive not as boring.

Glamisfan

Reaction score
I’m doing a ride down there, crossing through Tecate on Sunday morning, going down to a Hotel south of Ensenada and then back to Tecate on Monday. We’ve got 11 razors and 4 jeeps going! 22651966fba02face8305cd897134543.jpg