3 Raptors at Herb Chambers Ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was driving by Herb Chambers Ford in Westboro Ma and they had a new silver screw right out front. I pulled to check out the graphics up close because I'm having my MX graphics copy them and I wanted to take a few pics of them for him. The sticker said 78K on it and I was like damn.... of course a salesman came sauntering over and asked me if I was interested in and he also said that they had 2 more being unloaded as we speak. They wanted 100K each for those Raptors. I was walking back to my Raptor and he asked me where I got mine from and I told him and he asked if I would tell him what I paid for it and I told him 3K under MSRP and he was like no way and that dealer is crazy blah blah blah.

derekg1988

Reaction score
I was driving by Herb Chambers Ford in Westboro Ma and they had a new silver screw right out front. I pulled to check out the graphics up close because I'm having my MX graphics copy them and I wanted to take a few pics of them for him. The sticker said 78K on it and I was like damn.... of course a salesman came sauntering over and asked me if I was interested in and he also said that they had 2 more being unloaded as we speak. They wanted 100K each for those Raptors. I was walking back to my Raptor and he asked me where I got mine from and I told him and he asked if I would tell him what I paid for it and I told him 3K under MSRP and he was like no way and that dealer is crazy blah blah blah.

How did the silver look in person, I have a white one that was built on 11/5 but is MIA, my local dealer got a silver one in that was built on 12/5, I may go get the silver one. What are your thoughts?

OP
OP
Digger

Digger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my opinion you should stay with the white one. The silver looked kinda boring in person. My Gen1 was an Oxford white and it really popped when it was clean an all waxed up :) Tinted windows and nice wheels would change it's whole look of the silver one though. It had the base wheels and I'm not a fan of the stock wheel or the beadlock one.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score

It's just funny to me that the dealership I ordered with is 20 minutes away from Hurb Chambers in Westboro and I ordered at MSRP vs $100K. Do they actually think these trucks will sell for $100K????

Rickoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's just funny to me that the dealership I ordered with is 20 minutes away from Hurb Chambers in Westboro and I ordered at MSRP vs $100K. Do they actually think these trucks will sell for $100K????

Hey Digger,

I picked mine up today! Avalanche Scab. Truck is beautiful. So much more refined than the Gen1.

Gotta love that new car smell.

When I was looking to order back in October, I stopped in to Herb Chambers and questioned whether they had allocations. The guy looked at me and rolled his eyes. He said they have no information and that the Gen 2 wasn't available to order yet. I said, are you sure? He said let me check. Walked away for five minutes, came back and same nope, we don't have any information at all about them.

I shook his hand and walked out. Really hate car dealers.

Ordered the next day elsewhere.

Maybe I'll drop by and give him the same response you did.

Let me know what kind of pricing you get for the decals. Would be curious what you can buy them for aftermarket.

akaie15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Digger,

I picked mine up today! Avalanche Scab. Truck is beautiful. So much more refined than the Gen1.

Gotta love that new car smell.

When I was looking to order back in October, I stopped in to Herb Chambers and questioned whether they had allocations. The guy looked at me and rolled his eyes. He said they have no information and that the Gen 2 wasn't available to order yet. I said, are you sure? He said let me check. Walked away for five minutes, came back and same nope, we don't have any information at all about them.

I shook his hand and walked out. Really hate car dealers.

Ordered the next day elsewhere.

Maybe I'll drop by and give him the same response you did.

Let me know what kind of pricing you get for the decals. Would be curious what you can buy them for aftermarket.

Maybe you should allow them to buy yours for 95k... if they find a sucker for 100k they'd still make 5%...

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
Thats funny, I went there on the 24th thinking they would at least have one and nothing. Drove by today again and checked out the silver one aswell. The other two you mentioned have been sold and delivered from what he told me, nice guy too handed me the keys to the Raptor and went inside, place was busy. btw its 88K not 78, msrp 68,8xx, ridiculous! Ill put some pics up as soon as i figure out how to post em. Really impressed with the interior and the looks, really massive from the front, ground clearance is sweet too. Back seats had plenty of leg room for a 6'1 guy after I had it adjusted up front for me. Heated steering wheel, heated back seats, wide center console, Panoramic sunroom is massive, sprayed bedliner. Great looking pickup but def not with that markup.

Last edited:

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
btw Digger, what do you ride?I have an fe350 and kx450, do netra and the Jdays in bclass. Was at Oxford Dam last month

Attachments

• raptor 1.jpg
    raptor 1.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 173
  • raptor2.jpg
    raptor2.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 116
  • raptor3.jpg
    raptor3.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 116
  • raptor 4.jpg
    raptor 4.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 124
  • raptor5 (1).jpg
    raptor5 (1).jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 99

GOTSVT?

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should see the yacht Herb Chambers keeps in St. Maarten.....

Blitzkrieg

Reaction score
I've seen him at the Cars and coffee here a few months ago, flew in on his private chopper. Cars and cappuccino had the Aston vulcan few months ago too. Cant believe these markups, thought Herb wouldnt be such a greedy pig.

Last edited: