3.5HO Sounds so good.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mistacheese

Reaction score
I'm honestly impressed with how she sounds. I understand some of the noise is pumped in, but even from outside the truck it sounds great. The engine note includes a lot more harmonics than I expected, there is a low rumble, and mids and highs that complement it so well. Starts quiet, and builds in a crescendo to a bloody epic wail, the whole time keeping the harmonics in tune. From cab at highway speeds it is a pleasant distant purr, and as soon as you hammer the throttle, and the transmission grabs a different ratio, it is gloriously alive.

The amount of complaints I read before picking it up had me convinced that it was going to sound like an balloon deflating under water, but happily I was misled. Not everyone will love it, and full disclosure I do come from a turbo 6 and sport bike background, (but have had multiple v8's too.)

Probably an unpopular opinion around here, but it is really making me happy. Well done Ford Performance.

Jimbo

Mad Frog Mattis
Reaction score
zakdE.gif

Truckzor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree I think it sounds great all the guys saying it's not a v8 sound like old men siting in a chair screaming get off my lawn! Time change welcome to the future.

You really think turbo gas engines are the future?

AndysLog

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i was never really a fan of how they sounded until i ran into a 2nd gen offroad last weekend.

while he was hammering it home and playing around, i thought the truck sounded amazing. i still think the 3.5 could use some work as far as reliability goes.
but it was fun to listen to.