2019 Upgrades - Worth It or Not...

2018 with Color Choice or 2019 Without

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ameration

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was planning on pulling the trigger on a 2019 and like some of the new upgrades, however the color that I like the most, Leadfoot (I know it's either a love it or hate it color), appears to no longer be a color option and nothing even close is an option for 2019.

Are the 2019 upgrades going to be worth losing the color that I like the most?

LVsFINEST

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take your 2018 to a suspension shop and have them install the Fox active suspension + trail control and have them integrate that shit with the truck's ECU/controls

OR

Take your 2019 to a ******* paint shop

BangBang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haven't really read or heard of any upgrade that is appealing except the shocks.
if you off-road then that might mean something.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Take your 2018 to a suspension shop and have them install the Fox active suspension + trail control and have them integrate that shit with the truck's ECU/controls

OR

Take your 2019 to a ******* paint shop

Or a wrap.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or pay 6k to get 3.0s and you still will have saved money. Californians pay that much in taxes on these cars!!!

rtmozingo

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The shocks should ride substantially better everywhere, on road and off. That alone is worth it. I'm not sure how cost effective it would be to add Trail Control, as much as I'd like to.

You won't be able to retrofit the OEM Fox Live shocks, as they are integral to the Raptor's ECU. That said, Fox will be releasing standalone bike shocks, so they'd be crazy to not do the same for bigger vehicles. All that to say is we should see a slightly less proactive system being offered for pre-2019 Raptors at some point, which is what I plan to use if they pan out as well as the intial reports claim.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Haven't really read or heard of any upgrade that is appealing except the shocks.
if you off-road then that might mean something..

I actually think the new shocks will make a bigger difference on the street.

Current 9-stage shocks are a one-size-fits-all compromise between street and dirt use. The soft suspension definitely skews toward to the dirt end of the spectrum. Just making up numbers, it might be something like 80% dirt focus and 20% street.

The new shocks are electronically controlled, meaning there is no compromise and all conditions get the ideal dampening setup.

Continuing the above 80/20 hypothetical,

80% dirt goes to 100%
20% street goes to 100%

Dirt performance improves a little, but street improves a ton. We will only know how well this translates into the real world feel after reviews come out, but I suspect our great off-road trucks will be incrementally better off-road. But our compromised trucks on the street will definitely stop being so compromised.

I actually like my truck's manners on the street, but the BMW crowd doesn't trust large trucks with soft suspensions on the street and they will be a lot happier with the new setup.

HotLap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Or your could add the Hellwig anti-sway bar or Deavers leaf spring set up and be happy with your 2018...

Don't really hear a lot of complaints from 2017/2018 owners about road handling...sure the new suspension is better, no doubt, but really how bad is the current suspension?

Last edited: