2019 Suspension and towing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Supernaut

Reaction score
I have read everything I can find about the 2019 models. Specifically interested in the adaptive suspension. Does anyone know if it will change the Raptor's towing capacity?

What I've read is that the main reason the Raptor's are only rated at 8000 lbs vs 1300 for the F150 is the soft suspension. According to reports the new suspension stiffens automatically for better road performance. It also stiffens when it senses the vehicle is in the air.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have read everything I can find about the 2019 models. Specifically interested in the adaptive suspension. Does anyone know if it will change the Raptor's towing capacity?

What I've read is that the main reason the Raptor's are only rated at 8000 lbs vs 1300 for the F150 is the soft suspension. According to reports the new suspension stiffens automatically for better road performance. It also stiffens when it senses the vehicle is in the air.

No one knows until official specs are released, but unless the springs are also changed, don't expect the new shocks to increase the tow rating. My understanding is the adaptive damping merely slows down (or speeds up) bound/rebound as needed. It won't actually increase the amount of static load the suspension can handle, that's what the springs are for.

Danner

Reaction score
Yeah it isn't going to put more pressure in the shocks on command. Its probably not even going to change the rebound by very much to be honest. The Raptor is still an off road truck at heart and towing is not.

tmd11111

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tires are also part of the reason for limited towing capacity, not just the springs. Shocks only dampen travel and do not in any way shape or form help carry a load.