2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree everyone has their opinion and I hope I am wrong. But between the first gen Raptor and current gen Raptor, the gen 2 is a lot more expensive and also has a lot more competition. Where did you go to find Raptor’s sales and production numbers? I looked online and all I could find were generic F-series sales numbers not broken down by model.

Also I feel Ford produced a lot more Raptors for the 2018 model year. Also I think they had production issues with the 17 Raptor as well since it was first year. I remember for the first half of 17 I would rarely see a Raptor at a Ford Dealership they were really rare. Since the end of 17 I have seen multiple Ford Raptors at dealers I have been too. I always find several in stock whenever I check online now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The raptor numbers were on a thread that had them broken down by state and even color. There's an article that has the 2017 production numbers and breaks them down even by option. I couldn't find 2018 but would expect those final numbers to be released July/August.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I agree everyone has their opinion and I hope I am wrong. But between the first gen Raptor and current gen Raptor, the gen 2 is a lot more expensive and also has a lot more competition. Where did you go to find Raptor’s sales and production numbers? I looked online and all I could find were generic F-series sales numbers not broken down by model.

Also I feel Ford produced a lot more Raptors for the 2018 model year. Also I think they had production issues with the 17 Raptor as well since it was first year. I remember for the first half of 17 I would rarely see a Raptor at a Ford Dealership they were really rare. Since the end of 17 I have seen multiple Ford Raptors at dealers I have been too. I always find several in stock whenever I check online now.

Ford makes 50k Raptors in 2017 and 2018. Guy sees "several in stock" at his local dealership and claims the market is saturated.

nms2003n

Reaction score
Ford makes 50k Raptors in 2017 and 2018. Guy sees "several in stock" at his local dealership and claims the market is saturated.

I honestly wish it was just a few but I guess they say a picture is worth a thousand words so here are two: One which is searching brand new raptors within a 300 miles radius, and the other searching brand new raptors within a 500 mile radius. If you think you are driving something rare or hard to find you are mistaken.

f74f5ec2197429426187ae5a628ba3b9.jpg
ac57dc1790d931d331478472df6b72f6.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

You want to buy a rare truck? Pickup a F-150 limited. Only 130 in stock within a 500 mile radius compared to almost 600 brand new raptors sitting in dealer lots right now. AGM My ass.

7e792772c185a99dba7aab82e15b4586.jpg

---------- Post added at 12:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:26 AM ----------

To cap it off here is a nationwide search for a brand new 2018 Raptor VS a 2018 Limited VS a 2018 Platinum.

I hope now you can see how saturated the market is with Raptors.

2a3a54b5a379f717c4a6f013da6a798c.jpg

5eb111f83f629f493f52b1d6a6aefe64.png

bec4583373e6545f4606f5c1741ef29c.jpg

FullSend

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supply and demand. If the market was truely "saturated" you'd see those being advertised under invoice. Clearly they are not. Considering 50,000 over two years and this truck is sold internationally, that really isn't much.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So if the Plat is such a shit-hot, rare truck, what ADMs are people willing to pay for one? Oh that's righ, no one gives a shit about the Platinum and you can get big discounts on them. But thanks for trying. As they tell everyone in little league, it's the effort that counts.

k-rub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look at the price difference between a Raptor and a Limited.

Think about what the truck was designed for? I think the number of people who would use the Limited for a work/farm/family truck would far outweigh the Starbucks/Offroad crew.

Probably less Limited models for sale because more people are buying them.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Look at the price difference between a Raptor and a Limited.

Think about what the truck was designed for? I think the number of people who would use the Limited for a work/farm/family truck would far outweigh the Starbucks/Offroad crew.

Probably less Limited models for sale because more people are buying them.

LOL good one. Tons of Plat/LTD by me. Every single one is owned by a white, old, rich guy. They most definitely are not work trucks. The reason not many are for sale is because dealers know better than to order them for stock. And as far as resale goes, it doesn't get any worse than the Plat/LTD because the only people who want one have enough money to buy new. But keep trying.

raminator08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 1 were actually limited production that’s why they are keeping some value, plus the current gen 2 premiums right now are helping keep gen 1 price premium.

Ford is now flooding the market with Gen 2’s and with an increase in supply causes a decrease in price. Again my prediction is for 2020, next 6 months you will see majority of dealers offering at or slightly below MSRP. Forward a whole year they will be below MSRP, plus by then the Raptor fad will have completely worn off and it will just be another big expensive truck. Again just my $0.02 and I hope Ford change their strategy before it’s too late.

They were making about 20k gen 1s each year towards the end of production and the gen 2s haven't been that much more plus the gen 2s have a more worldwide release.
The gen 1s I've seen have been dropping in value. They used to be in the 40s about a year or two ago but have dropped considerably since then. Only reason they are holding value is that the gen 2s are so much more expensive