2019 Raptor Intel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
pretty sure the ferrari story only refers to special or limited edition ferrari's like the enzo, la ferrari and others.

Otherwise dealers wouldn't have brand new ferrari's sitting on the lot for "regular" customers to purchase.

And raptors shouldn't be compared to ferrari's either lol

"Even for its standard cars, Ferrari will often demand to see a history of ownership before allowing customers to buy a new one. If you’ve never owned a Ferrari, you’ve got a slim chance of walking off the forecourt with a new one, while many dealers won’t take any buyer under the age of 40 seriously."

https://www.carkeys.co.uk/news/want-to-buy-a-ferrari-it-s-not-as-simple-as-just-having-the-money

Raptors are just like Ferraris in that there are more buyers with money than trucks to buy. Dealers charge ADMs because there are plenty of people willing to pay it. These same dealers heavily discount XLTs because that is what it takes to move those less desirable and plentiful trucks. Economics 101.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"will often demand" what is often? Sounds made up.

My experience is there isn't plenty of people willing to pay. One of the dealers here had 13 raptors on the lot with a 30k ADM. 5 months later they had all 13 raptors still on the lot with a 14th 2018 Raptor, this time with a 20k ADM. And this is in San Diego which is one of the largest markets for Raptors.

Not really sure what you're trying to prove. You think people are going to start paying ADM because you said they're the same as a Ferrari? lmao

TScozz

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The statement about buying a Ferrari is true, well it was about 5 years ago. Had a friend in Dallas that wanted to buy one and the dealer told him no bc he wasn't a previous owner. He went same day and bought a Lambo.

There will most likely be an ADM on the 2019 according to the dealership I spoke to. Although, he was unable to speak intelligently about markup, if any, bc he was still waiting hear about the changes. Either way, people will pay like always to "be the first." Its their money, so who I am to say they shouldn't? Personally, I would not, but that just me and my $0.02.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Calabro

Reaction score
The statement about buying a Ferrari is true, well it was about 5 years ago. Had a friend in Dallas that wanted to buy one and the dealer told him no bc he wasn't a previous owner. He went same day and bought a Lambo.

There will most likely be an ADM on the 2019 according to the dealership I spoke to. Although, he was unable to speak intelligently about markup, if any, bc he was still waiting hear about the changes. Either way, people will pay like always to "be the first." Its their money, so who I am to say they shouldn't? Personally, I would not, but that just me and my $0.02.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Back in 2017 I was dying to get a Raptor but would not pay over MSRP. Every dealer I called was asking over. I refused. Then I called the last dealer in Westchester to take a chance because all others wanted over MSRP & low & behold they offered it at MSRP. I put a deposit & picked it up a month later. I picked up my 2018 August 2017 and I love it. @$70,000. I think MSRP is fair. Thankfully no issues.;)))))

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorPulse

Reaction score
"will often demand" what is often? Sounds made up.

My experience is there isn't plenty of people willing to pay. One of the dealers here had 13 raptors on the lot with a 30k ADM. 5 months later they had all 13 raptors still on the lot with a 14th 2018 Raptor, this time with a 20k ADM. And this is in San Diego which is one of the largest markets for Raptors.

Not really sure what you're trying to prove. You think people are going to start paying ADM because you said they're the same as a Ferrari? lmao

Sounds like Mossy. This place is such a joke. I know they are bending some because I went in to one and got them down to 1500 ADM from 15000. I just walked out since my wife’s car was in service across the street. I ordered out of state.

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like Mossy. This place is such a joke. I know they are bending some because I went in to one and got them down to 1500 ADM from 15000. I just walked out since my wife’s car was in service across the street. I ordered out of state.

El Cajon Ford actually, sound like Mossy isn't much better.

We best tread lightly though. Jaz and Bajafred get their feelings hurt when ADM dealers are called out around here...

Last edited:

sfzobie

Reaction score
I live in the SF Bay Area and every dealer has a signifiant ADM on the raptor. I had a good conversation with a GM who simply said, why should I lower the price when I am getting 8k on average over sticker, and I can't keep these on the lot for more than a few weeks? The same can be said for nearly everything here, gas is about $4/galloon, houses start over a million in almost every city, and taxes are high (I'm ready to leave trust me). Everything costs more here and chances are that if you have 70k to spend on a truck, you probably can spend 80k. I fully understand the economics of the ADM, I just hated almost all the dealer's attitudes about it, like they did something special to get this truck on their lot. On the flip side, when I took my truck in for the recall, they did offer me MSRP to buy it back, so the economics can benefit both sides in expensive places.

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
El Cajon Ford actually, sound like Mossy isn't much better.

We best tread lightly though. Jaz and Bajafred get their feelings hurt when ADM dealers are called to around here...

escondido isn't much better, they made it seem like they're doing you a favor by only charging you $5k adm. the salesperson also tried to convince me that my $4k off msrp deal out of state would end up being the same deal as paying their $5k adm :ROFLJest:

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
escondido isn't much better, they made it seem like they're doing you a favor by only charging you $5k adm. the salesperson also tried to convince me that my $4k off msrp deal out of state would end up being the same deal as paying their $5k adm :ROFLJest:

The sales people at El Cajon were the same way. I just drove further west for another 7 or so miles in La Mesa and picked up an MSRP deal at Penske.

One of the El Cajon sales guys even friended me in FB and tried to convince me there’s no way I’d find it for MSRP.