2018 Tailgate and Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
blue-ford-raptor-back-spy-.jpg

https://www.trucks.com/2017/07/14/2018-ford-f-150-raptor-spy-shots/

Interesting that the taillights appear to be '17 style in this pic. Could be just a mash up prototype tho....or maybe they need to be slightly wider like the '17's for the BLIS to work with the wide body rear and flares?

Here's my "naked" (no tailgate applique) '17 for ease of comparison...

13008-tailgate.jpg

IMO, the angles top and bottom of the tailgate go together better (more flowing vs sharp and non symmetric top to bottom)...I think I prefer the "traditional" (classic style) F150 logo on the LH side of the tailgate also, but I'm partial.:biggrin:

Last edited:

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you get the tailgate appliqué will it still be stamped with the "f-150"?

madrap

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Man....Originally ordered the tailgate appliqué delete. I'm going to add it back if they're going to stamp that f-150 into the normal looking tailgate. :(

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Choices of rear ends..........

Attachments

• blue-ford-raptor-back-spy-.jpg
    blue-ford-raptor-back-spy-.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 97
  • appq.jpg
    appq.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 88
  • re.jpg
    re.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 81

Sungod661

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Makes the tail
Lights look like shyte , a complete mess if you ask me. Disatrous looking design

flea_sly

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Makes the tail
Lights look like shyte , a complete mess if you ask me. Disatrous looking design

Tend to agree with your statement. I think the 18' appliqué looks better than this stamped tailgate, if this is accurate for the Raptor!

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For you guys with the applique - question...does it hold dirt? When you wash it does dirt run down from inside it after wash or is it all sealed up around the edges well?

Was just thinking that a '17 applique can probably be used on an '18 (non "F150" stamped) gate pretty easily assuming sealing is not an issue (assume adhesive tape all around perimeter acts to seal dirt /elements out?)...

Last edited:

Spartan1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would definitely go with the appliqué on the 2018. On the 2017 both options look good in my opinion. I personally like the look of the appliqué with some rappy graphics. I wonder how the 2018 non-appliqué version would look with some big F150 graphics. This sucks for the guys who are anti- stickers and graphics. That 2018 booty looks like crap!

Attachments

• IMG_1133.jpg
    IMG_1133.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 109