2018 Tailgate and Taillights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any actual pics vs the masked prototypes seen early last year...

Assume taillights are same as the base F150's and to me don't go as well with the fronts as the 2017's do..."double C outline" vs "single C" if you know what I mean....

Unsure if the tailgate stamping gets the F150 like the base truck or smooth like Platinum and Ranches do?

Curious, as I personally think that the 2017 hit it perfect (without the tailgate applique) to begin with.

Last edited:

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone got any actual pics vs the masked prototypes seen early last year...

Assume taillights are same as the base F150's and to me don't go as well with the fronts as the 2017's do..."double C outline" vs "single C" if you know what I mean....

Unsure if the tailgate stamping gets the F150 like the base truck or smooth like Platinum and Ranches do?

Curious, as I personally think that the 2017 hit it perfect (without the tailgate applique) to begin with.

Not sure about the taillights but it doesn't make sense to have three tailgates. Since the appliqué is now standard, it will probably use the smooth tailgate like the Platinum. If you opt for the appliqué delete, you will probably get the stamped tailgate, like the XLT.

mmp

Reaction score
@brzon this is a good question. I am curious as well but we don't have this information at the moment. In a week or 2 when the 2018 start production, we will know for sure.

Mahoney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No changes for 2018 Raptor per Rep that came in a couple months ago to my dealer and spoke to my sales team

OP
OP
B

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No changes for 2018 Raptor per Rep that came in a couple months ago to my dealer and spoke to my sales team

Interesting, but I can't rationalize having a dedicated 17 style taillight and tailgate carryover just for the Raptor. I bet these are 18 components after all and "no changes of substance" was what the rep was relaying???

Also has to be B&O vs Sony audio, right?

Will be interesting to see the 18' s starting next week to see for sure.