2018 Super Cab vs Super Crew

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kenbrackins

Reaction score
Hello All,

I bought a new 2012 and I have been having some tranny issues. It goes into 5th from 1st and it will also go the other way and lock up the wheels on the interstate. I took her over to the dealer Monday and I must say my b-hole was puckered the entire way not knowing if it was going to lock up or not. I have 56k miles but I took delivery in 12/2011 so my warranty was up last year. I am going to order a 2018 lightening blue but am considering the super cab. My kids are now driving themselves around so I don't necessarily have a lot of backseat passengers but the main reason is that my super crew barely fits into my garage. I have a ping pong ball that hits the windshield to stop me but I cannot walk in front or behind the truck in the garage. It is a major pain and has been for 6 years. My buddy (Ford Salesman) said that even though it is about 2k cheaper for the super cab, the resale will be considerably less. That is not a real concern as I am sure I will have it for 5 or 6 years. Can anyone with a super cab let me know their experience? Any input would be greatly appreciated (both for and against) I will be ordering in a day or two. Thank you very much.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The clamshell rear doors can be a pain sometimes in tight spaces but I've always liked the look of the SCAB. And you can still fit 2-3 regular sized adults in the back without issue. I've heard the same about re-sale but the dealership offers to buy mine every time I bring it in. It's a 2014 with 30k and they've offered 43k.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
My 2011 was a SCAB. Loved the size but hated the clamshell doors and small fuel tank. 2018 is a SCREW and there is nothing I don't like. Like you my garage is small. Front bumper against the sheetrock in the front and rear bumper inches from the door. For no more door rattle, regular opening rear doors, and 10 extra gallons of fuel I will deal with it.

paulny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Supercrew all the way. The suicide doors are not convenient and have apparent rattle issues. I don't know why Ford doesn't get with the program and make their scabs 4 traditional doors like all other truck manufacturers.

NASSTY

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I prefer super cabs because IMO I think they look better than super crews and I like the shorter wheel base. I only have passengers in the back a few times a year, so I don't really need a super crew. I've owned several super cabs and haven't had any issues with door rattles.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I didnt have to haul my teenage kids once and a while, I would have got a SCAB.

My Titan was a scab, they all look better in scab IMO. It was just getting cruel to ask my sons one who is over 6' now to get in the back of a scab.

Last edited:

IHAVETWO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 14 scab and a 17 scab.love the look.no door rattle issues.