2018 stop and go?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Joshuak172

Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm looking into ordering a 2018 and have got conflicting information about the automatic cruise control for 2018. Some threads say that it has stop and go and some say that it's limited to 20 mph. Can anyone confirm or deny whether the 2018 Raptor will have automatic cruise control with stop and go?

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Hey folks, I'm looking into ordering a 2018 and have got conflicting information about the automatic cruise control for 2018. Some threads say that it has stop and go and some say that it's limited to 20 mph. Can anyone confirm or deny whether the 2018 Raptor will have automatic cruise control with stop and go?

Now how are we supposed to confirm this when we drive 2017's..... [emoji12]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the 2018 buyers guide. It says that Raptors gets the same ACC as 2017.

It's really not a big deal. You just need to hit resume when it's time to go again.

nobunuk

Reaction score
Check the 2018 buyers guide. It says that Raptors gets the same ACC as 2017.

It's really not a big deal. You just need to hit resume when it's time to go again.

Out of curiosity, will the 2017 ACC bring the truck to a complete stop?

nobunuk

Reaction score
When they say stop-start they're talking about the engine deactivation when stopping. Not the ACC feature. Confusing wording.

@photoneffect - Agreed...author maybe confusing, "start/stop" & "stop and go"

...I suspect. This same article came up in my news feed over the weekend. At that time (1-2 days ago) the article read: "The new [2018] F-150 will offer adaptive cruise control with stop-start (excluding the Raptor)."

I currently own a non-Ford vehicle with ACC that does bring u 2 a compete stop & I can say it adds a whole new layer to ACC functionality.
ACC w/o complete stop = great for long interstate cruising.
ACC w/ complete stop = great for bumper-to-bumper commutes.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ACC with complete stop in my experience is widely different depending upon the manufacturer so it will be interesting to see how natural Ford can make it on non Raptor F-150's. Mercedes system is solid, BMW's is pretty close, but on a recent Volvo I had it on if I set the proximity to a closest distance in stop/go traffic the system would literally wait until the last second to apply the brakes hard. Had a few times where the vehicle behind me almost crashed into me and was given a loud honking disapproval among other things.