2018 SCAB Recall Rivets

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorQT

Reaction score
Has anyone with an SCAB without a sunroof gotten the the recall for the missing rivets? Have you had the repair done? I think my vehicle is 1 of 42, but getting the repair done tomorrow and would like some feedback, seems like a pretty significant repair with the headliner being removed.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What Drippin Said.. There weren't many Raptors effected.

2018 Scab without sunroof, no recall

The article says those with build dates between June 8 and August 21 could be in the recall.

bendensez

Reaction score
Has anyone with an SCAB without a sunroof gotten the the recall for the missing rivets? Have you had the repair done? I think my vehicle is 1 of 42, but getting the repair done tomorrow and would like some feedback, seems like a pretty significant repair with the headliner being removed.

I saw this recall on the internet very early on and knew my truck was affected. I have since received the recall notice. My truck will be the only one my dealer has to do, I'm sure... At this point, I'm not sure when I will have it done. Same worries here about headliner removal, etc... Here is a link to the official recall instructions from Ford via the NHTSA so you can see for yourself the work that will be done.

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/rcl/2017/RCMN-17V598-0774.pdf

Please post back after you have it done to let us know how it went.

dieseldude

Reaction score
Yes
I had my 2018 SCAB Raptor in for the recall.
Easy, one day fix.
They had to remove the headliner, drill and install the missing rivets, add some glue
(didn't stink either) and new garment hooks.
Mine was also 1 of 42 affected.
Don't fear the recall...

OP
OP
RaptorQT

RaptorQT

Reaction score
Yes
I had my 2018 SCAB Raptor in for the recall.
Easy, one day fix.
They had to remove the headliner, drill and install the missing rivets, add some glue
(didn't stink either) and new garment hooks.
Mine was also 1 of 42 affected.
Don't fear the recall...

Thank you! Refreshing to hear I am not the first one to take it in. I dropped her off today and hoping to have her back tomorrow!