2018 Raptors under sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmac

Reaction score
Paying MSRP for Truck on lot at dealer in Oklahoma. They were looking for 4k over originally.

Picking it up on Saturday!

whan

Reaction score
Have a custom order coming in March 2018 - ordered at MSRP in Oregon. Dealer told me they were 5-6 months out when ordered in October, but allowed for an MSRP order which is still a bit rare in west coast.

I do believe though that give another 6 months and most trucks even in CA/OR/WA will be at sticker. Primarily because most other states (especially in PA, MI, etc) have plenty of trucks at sticker now

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have a custom order coming in March 2018 - ordered at MSRP in Oregon. Dealer told me they were 5-6 months out when ordered in October, but allowed for an MSRP order which is still a bit rare in west coast.

I do believe though that give another 6 months and most trucks even in CA/OR/WA will be at sticker. Primarily because most other states (especially in PA, MI, etc) have plenty of trucks at sticker now

I suspect most west coast dealers will keep the ADMs on the window just as a place to start negotiations. Dealers always ask for more than they are willing to take, just like our first offer is always lower than what we are willing to pay.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a $1,000 over invoice deal on a ordered truck. It's got a build date of this month and should be here February at the latest. Most dealers around me are at MSRP for on lot trucks (except one). SE Pa area here.

Out of curiosity, are you by any chance trading in a vehicle? Are there any personal or strong business connections with the dealer? Is this just a regular purchase from an ordinary customer with nothing else involved?

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Out of curiosity, are you by any chance trading in a vehicle? Are there any personal or strong business connections with the dealer? Is this just a regular purchase from an ordinary customer with nothing else involved?
No trade in, ordinary purchase. I did buy a 14 from the same dealership but the 1,000 over invoice was offered to anyone who wanted to order a truck. They even did it on the 17s but I was holding out to see if they would offer a v8.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

I suspect most west coast dealers will keep the ADMs on the window just as a place to start negotiations. Dealers always ask for more than they are willing to take, just like our first offer is always lower than what we are willing to pay.

I agree..... Cali dealers had ADM on Gen 1's on the 2013 and 2014 models.
I just bought a 17 RS 4 months ago and the dealer had a $3k ADM listed on it. They came down to sticker quickly while I tried to hold firm on 4k under msrp. They asked how serious I was and I told them I was ready to sign. We agreed at 3k under sticker in less than 10 minutes. I signed the paperwork that day and had someone drive me back the next day.
I'm pretty upfront when it come to negotiating for a vehicle. I tell them I'm ready and will buy one by the end of the week (or next week). I'm looking for the best price on a vehicle that fits my option list. Some bite others don't.

Last edited:

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No trade in, ordinary purchase. I did buy a 14 from the same dealership but the 1,000 over invoice was offered to anyone who wanted to order a truck. They even did it on the 17s but I was holding out to see if they would offer a v8.

---------- Post added at 04:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

I agree..... I just bought a 17 RS 4 months ago and the dealer had a $3k ADM listed on it. They came down to sticker quickly while I tried to hold firm on 4k under msrp. They asked how serious I was and I told them I was ready to sign. We agreed at 3k under sticker in less than 10 minutes. I signed the paperwork that day and had someone drive me back the next day.
I'm pretty upfront when it come to negotiating for a vehicle. I tell them I'm ready and will buy one by the end of the week (or next week). I'm looking for the best price on a vehicle that fits my option list. Some bite others don't.

I wonder why would they sell the Raptor at 1k over invoice? I am truly happy for you to get such a good deal, I am just confused about why would the dealership offer this price. If other local dealers are still selling at any kind of ADM, or even at MSRP seems like 1K over invoice is just drastically low compared to the market. I understand not wanting to be know as a dealer who will mark up, and I respect that, but seems like selling at 1k over invoice is just leaving money on the table for them. Maybe just trying to get word of mouth or something out of it I guess.

FullAuto

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wonder why would they sell the Raptor at 1k over invoice? I am truly happy for you to get such a good deal, I am just confused about why would the dealership offer this price. If other local dealers are still selling at any kind of ADM, or even at MSRP seems like 1K over invoice is just drastically low compared to the market. I understand not wanting to be know as a dealer who will mark up, and I respect that, but seems like selling at 1k over invoice is just leaving money on the table for them. Maybe just trying to get word of mouth or something out of it I guess.

Because this dealership (although large) is in the boonies. Would you rather try and sell 1-2 raptors at $5k plus and have them sit on your lot for months. Or 15-20 of them at $1k over invoice to people who would never have stepped foot in your dealership. The more you sell the more allocations you get next year. The dealer I bought from was actually out of allocations and received another allotment from Ford already on the 18's. From what I gathered from them almost all of their orders are from people who live outside of 30 miles from the dealership. I'm in the same state but a few hour drive away. If you go back and look at the GEN 1 Invoice thread there were a bunch of dealers selling them right over invoice while others had an ADM. This might sound crazy but I had more local dealers (SE PA) tell me an ADM when I went to order my 14 then when I went to order my 18.

These are not flying off the lot everywhere in the US. It's very regional. You see dealers everyday on here and the facebook page listing MSRP deals on lot vehicles. It's been that way for months.

Last edited:

joegie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because this dealership (although large) is in the boonies. Would you rather try and sell 1-2 raptors at $5k plus and have them sit on your lot for months. Or 15-20 of them at $1k over invoice to people who would never have stepped foot in your dealership. The more you sell the more allocations you get next year. The dealer I bought from was actually out of allocations and received another allotment from Ford already on the 18's. From what I gathered from them almost all of their orders are from people who live outside of 30 miles from the dealership. I'm in the same state but a few hour drive away. If you go back and look at the GEN 1 Invoice thread there were a bunch of dealers selling them right over invoice while others had an ADM. This might sound crazy but I had more local dealers (SE PA) tell me an ADM when I went to order my 14 then when I went to order my 18.

These are not flying off the lot everywhere in the US. It's very regional. You see dealers everyday on here and the facebook page listing MSRP deals on lot vehicles. It's been that way for months.

care to share the name of your dealer? wouldn't mind traveling for the right deal!

davidl81

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Correct me if I am wrong but Raptor allocations do not correlate with Raptor sales, but they are based off of overall F150 sales. IE selling more Raptors does not get you more Raptors, just selling more trucks in general get you more Raptors. If this is correct (which I may be wrong) then by them selling Raptors so cheap (retaliative to other dealers) they are most likely not getting any more Raptors to sell than any other dealer who sells a similar amount of F-150s.

---------- Post added at 08:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

This is the dealer that I think was giving the really good price on Raptors
Zook Motors Kane Pa

May have a waiting list, but looks like it may not be too long

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score

This argument may make sense if dealers could sell as many as they wanted to, but they cant.

They get a fixed number. Selling for less than market going rate is just stupid (and doubt many dealers will do). But good for a lucky customer!

example - Try to buy an in demand BMW off dealer lot. They will not discount much because of allocation limits. Then try to buy the same car thru their European delivery program (which does not count toward allocation limits), and they will sell for $500-1000 over invoice.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts