2018 Raptors under sticker

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Demand for the Raptor still far outstrips supply and is why most dealers still get away with charging ADMs.

All debatable.

I got mine at msrp its not impossible and I don't think demand is that high. Sure demand will absorb some of that supply but still think they over produced.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All debatable.

I got mine at msrp its not impossible and I don't think demand is that high. Sure demand will absorb some of that supply but still think they over produced.

If demand isn't high, why would you pay MSRP?

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
All debatable.

They haven't even come close to producing the number of G1s made and you think the market is already saturated? Haven't you seen all the rants from annoyed G1 owners claiming the G2 is attracting a far larger crowd and totally ruining the G1's culture?

The market will easily swallow 100k Raptors and we are only 1/4 of the way there.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If demand isn't high, why would you pay MSRP?

Not going to play troll wars with you or argue, neither of us are economist and neither of us specialize in auto sales marketing. Demand has been falsely created by dealers asking premiums on a new truck but that's not real demand that's just trying to milk people out of extra money in the beginning.

Get off line and go enjoy your truck :)

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Not going to play troll wars with you or argue, neither of us are economist and neither of us specialize in auto sales marketing. Demand has been falsely created by dealers asking premiums on a new truck but that's not real demand that's just trying to milk people out of extra money in the beginning.

Get off line and go enjoy your truck :)

You actually think ADMs increased demand for the Raptor??? LOL. One thing we agree on, you are definitely not an economist.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They haven't even come close to producing the number of G1s made and you think the market is already saturated? Haven't you seen all the rants from annoyed G1 owners claiming the G2 is attracting a far larger crowd and totally ruining the G1's culture?

The market will easily swallow 100k Raptors and we are only 1/4 of the way there.

Ok cool 100k units in demand for G2 raptors that's fine lol I don't really care what your mind believes. I believe, it's an over inflated demand by adding markup on msrp to make them seem "hard" to get. You think everyone wants a raptor and I don't think everyone wants one.

Let's agree to disagree.

It is what it is enjoy your day.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

You actually think ADMs increased demand for the Raptor??? LOL. One thing we agree on, you are definitely not an economist.

Haha yup and I'm glad you are one.

Its good to have internet degrees these days :)

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ok cool 100k units in demand for G2 raptors that's fine lol I don't really care what your mind believes. I believe, it's an over inflated demand by adding markup on msrp to make them seem "hard" to get. You think everyone wants a raptor and I don't think everyone wants one.

Let's agree to disagree.

It is what it is enjoy your day.

Ford is making 25k trucks per year over a four year production run because they believe they can sell 100k units. Their analysis, not mine.

But yeah, I agree with you, Ford definitely doesn't have a clue. Your logic makes a lot of sense and Ford needs discontinue the Raptor line because demand is fake and artificially inflated by ADMs.

Obviously people are only buying Raptors so they can pay an ADM. Once ADMs go away, demand will evaporate because word is getting out that the Raptor is the most lame truck being made.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford is making 25k trucks per year over a four year production run because they believe they can sell 100k units. Their analysis, not mine.

But yeah, I agree with you, Ford definitely doesn't have a clue. Your logic makes a lot of sense and Ford needs discontinue the Raptor line because demand is fake and artificially inflated by ADMs.

Obviously people are only buying Raptors so they can pay an ADM. Once ADMs go away, demand will evaporate because word is getting out that the Raptor is the most lame truck being made.

Interesting rational lol