GEN 2 2018 Raptor SCab Recall (don't panic - it's only 42 trucks)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
"Ford's recall covers 42 examples of the 2018 F-150 Raptor SuperCab, none of which have a moonroof. All the vehicles in question were built at the Dearborn Assembly Plant in Michigan between June 8 and August 21 of this year.

The problem lies inside the roof. Structural braces might be missing rivets that attach them to the roof rail structure. This means the roof might not be as strong as it should be, which can increase the risk of injury in the event of a rollover.

Ford will remedy the issue by installing the correct rivets for the roof rail structure."

Link to Ford's 3 truck recalls:
https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/...-for-fewer-than-800-raptor-super-duty-trucks/

bendensez

Reaction score
I'm going to be in the recall. Scab built on 7/31 with no moon roof.

Me too. 7/26 build. Look in your FordPass app and the recall notice is already there.

Recall description: "Roof center bow k-brace rivet installation"

Remedy: "Dealers are to drill and install two rivets on each side of the roof structure following the technical information..."

Check the link out below. This article talks about the structural integrity of the 2015+ cab and shows a bare SuperCrew cab where you can see the k-braces. I know it's not a SuperCab, but the k-brace structure will be similar.

Building the 2015 Ford F-150 Safe and Strong

Last edited:

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Karma's a bitch!

Sorry you're butthurt. We are still all waiting to see pics of your Jen2....

:supergay::supergay::supergay:

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Me too. 7/26 build. Look in your FordPass app and the recall notice is already there.

Recall description: "Roof center bow k-brace rivet installation"

Where in the FordPass app are you seeing that? I'm not finding it.

bendensez

Reaction score
Sorry you're butthurt. We are still all waiting to see pics of your Jen2....

:supergay::supergay::supergay:

---------- Post added at 06:28 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:05 AM ----------

Where in the FordPass app are you seeing that? I'm not finding it.

When I opened up the app, on the main page next to "My Vehicles," it had a little notification that said "Recall Notice." Once you drill down into the Raptor's page, there is a red bar at the top that you press to view the notice. Perhaps yours hasn't been updated yet since this is such a new recall.

Attachments

• File Sep 29, 8 15 25 AM.jpg
    File Sep 29, 8 15 25 AM.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 34

DrippinRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
When I opened up the app, on the main page next to "My Vehicles," it had a little notification that said "Recall Notice." Once you drill down into the Raptor's page, there is a red bar at the top that you press to view the notice. Perhaps yours hasn't been updated yet since this is such a new recall.

Thanks. I'm not seeing anything like that yet, but I'm on Android.