2018 Raptor Purchase

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum and about to place an order for a 2018 Raptor. I have been lurking for a week trying to obtain info, as I recently decided that I wanted to get a Raptor, tired of driving a regular truck. I wanted the last gen but just never in a position to get one, but now I am. From what I can gather getting one for MSRP is considered a good deal for one of these and I would like to verify that is correct.

I am in Phoenix AZ and found a few dealers that will do MSRP but only one that will put me at the front of the list for the next allocation of Raptors they get. All things going well looking at getting one by my Birthday in February possibly earlier. I am patient so I don't mind waiting but obviously want one sooner rather than later. The Dealer is requiring a $5,000 deposit that is refundable so I am fine with it. Should be placing the order this weekend but I wanted to reach out to you all for your input if MSRP is a good deal for this. I dont really want to go out of state if I dont have too. I also dont want to overpay. Thank you all in advance.

hkguns

FRF Addict
Reaction score
MSRP is probably the best you can realistically expect.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Paying MSRP is ridiculous on these. There is a thread here showing the invoice pricing... if you can't get $4k under MSRP, you are doing poorly. Since you are patient, why not wait a bit longer for the new engine. It IS coming, and will have better reliability than the current ecoboost.

JetDriver480

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I paid MSRP at Sanderson Ford, $1000 credit card deposit that they never even ran though. I think he just asked if that was ok to see if I was really ready to make the deal.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Paying MSRP is ridiculous on these. There is a thread here showing the invoice pricing... if you can't get $4k under MSRP, you are doing poorly. Since you are patient, why not wait a bit longer for the new engine. It IS coming, and will have better reliability than the current ecoboost.

Dude get a life. I don't understand what you have going so wrong in your life that you need to **** with people on this forum. You are seriously the saddest thing I have seen on the internet in years.

OP, I would say if you plan on February of 2018 you may be able to get one off a dealer lot at MSRP or you can definitely expect an order to come in before then. Congrats on picking a Raptor and welcome to the forum!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
C

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Since you are patient, why not wait a bit longer for the new engine. It IS coming, and will have better reliability than the current ecoboost.

I am patient as far as waiting for the order to be built but I don't want to wait forever lol. I don't mind the ecoboost motor, I have a 2.7 in my current 2015 F-150 and it is a very nice motor. No issues with it at all. While I think a V8 should be in the Raptor, I love the torque curve of the twin turbo six, torque is addicting. I have 375 now, I cant wait to experience 510.

I paid MSRP at Sanderson Ford, $1000 credit card deposit that they never even ran though. I think he just asked if that was ok to see if I was really ready to make the deal.

I am on the list there but they are saying it could be until March until I can place my order so for now they are my backup plan.

OP, I would say if you plan on February of 2018 you may be able to get one off a dealer lot at MSRP or you can definitely expect an order to come in before then. Congrats on picking a Raptor and welcome to the forum!

I want to custom order one, not looking for a lot of options and from what I can see most dealer orders include the 802a, just looking for 801a to keep the costs down. Trying to keep it under 60k before tt&l

Last edited: