2018 Raptor orders at MSRP available in SE MI

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer just called me last night that someone backed out of their ordered 2018 Raptor at MSRP and he's looking for someone to buy it off the lot at MSRP of $69,365. It's oxford white, 802A, moonroof, Carbon fiber, beedlock wheels, tailgate applique, tech package, 2nd row heated seats are the options listed.

Send me a PM if you are interested and I'll put you in touch with the dealer.

ETA: As far as I know he is out of allocations for 2018 otherwise, but I'll post if that changes.
The white Raptor is still available, strangely after 6 people asked me for the contact info knowing the exact truck and exact price...

He also just emailed me there is a black Raptor that is now available as someone backed out: MSRP price is $69,740. Has 802A, moonroof, carbon package, tailgate step, beadlock wheels, tech package, 2nd row heated seats.

PM me for seller details.

Also, both the white and black truck cannot be sold to CA b/c they don't meet the CA emissions requirements.

MZRaptor

Reaction score
The white Raptor is still available, strangely after 6 people asked me for the contact info knowing the exact truck and exact price...

He also just emailed me there is a black Raptor that is now available as someone backed out: MSRP price is $69,740. Has 802A, moonroof, carbon package, tailgate step, beadlock wheels, tech package, 2nd row heated seats.

PM me for seller details.

Also, both the white and black truck cannot be sold to CA b/c they don't meet the CA emissions requirements.

BEFORE contacting this SE Michigan dealer to purchase one of their Raptors, PLEASE read this first. I have to warn anyone who has intention of dealing with this dealer based on my recent experience:

The black 2018 Raptor (MSRP $69,740) was my Raptor. I ordered it and expected to take delivery last week. I went to go pick up the truck (paying cash with a trade-in, agreed in advance to trade in value).

When I was inspecting the truck, there was a VERY NOTICEABLE dent in the tailgate. In fact, I was inspecting it in the evening in their prep garage with the lights pretty low and I still spotted it. In addition there was a very large chip in the paint of the center console (rear seat, passenger side).

I brought these to the attention of the salesman, and told him we needed to make a plan to correct these issues. I couldn't believe what happened next:

I was basically given an ultimatum and told by the salesman (after he conferred with his sales manager) "If you don't purchase this truck tonight, we will just sell it to someone else." What about the damage? They said they would fix it for me, but at some point in the future, no details other than that.

I gathered my things and left. Next morning, I canceled my insurance coverage and my check as I assumed I was done. I was surprised to hear from the dealer the next day who said their "ding man" took care of the dent, and that the center console paint chip was also fixed. Did I want the truck? I told him I would buy the truck but not without significant discount, as it has now had body work done. He implied that the truck looked perfect and the next buyer wouldn't even know.

So, yea, "backed out" - not exactly. I was pretty disappointed that I wasn't going to be able to buy the truck, but also now feel that it's my DUTY to let everyone here know that that truck has had a NOTICEABLE dent repaired and the center console replaced. Others may be OK with paying MSRP for this, but I certainly would not be, and I would want to know before buying the truck. So..... if anyone inquires at this dealer about the Black Raptor with VIN ending in A05045, be sure to demand a discount because of the body damage that was repaired and not disclosed.

I could not, in good conscience, recommend this dealer or this particular salesman based on the experience that I had there.

My hunt for a Raptor has now started all over again. Frankly, I've been trying since February and I'm starting to feel that it might not be worth it anymore.

Good luck all.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
MZRaptor, sorry to hear your truck had a ding in the tailgate. You can't blame the dealer for that, but obviously you can expect them to fix it during their normal business hours. I would also not want to pay in full until it was fixed. As for it being worth a "significant discount" for a tailgate ding, that's up to the buyer and it sounds like it was for you. If they fixed it properly, its not like a accident on carfax so I'm not sure what the big concern is, but to each his own. How much does a whole tailgate even cost compared to what discount you were expecting them to give you?

I'm not sure why you took offense to the terminology "backed out", but basically it sounds like (1) you noticed a dent and chip (2) dealer said he would fix it during normal business hours and he did fix it next day (3) you then refused to buy the already hard to find at MSRP truck without a further significant discount.

In any event, I have no affiliation with this dealer and don't care about any individual transaction. As I've said, it took me 25 dealerships to find my Raptor at MSRP and I'm happy with the transaction. He told me he'd give me a $50 Meijer GC for any referrals for a 2018 (as I've disclosed, and also have not seen a single one of them, nor even my price protection claim for $635 on my 2017 yet either despite multiple asks but that's another issue), but this is what I've come to expect from car dealers in general -- be it exotic dealerships like Aston Martin where I just bought a car, or a big Ford dealership like this one. In any event, my main reason for posting here is to help others find a MSRP deal since I learned a lot from this forum (and am more active on other exotic car forums) before buying my 17 Raptor. I'm guessing someone will still want the black truck at MSRP despite the fixed chip and ding from transport. I did not know anything about the details other than what you've posted though. Dealer just told me someone backed out.

ETA: I am curious and do not know, are there disclosure requirements for a tailgate ding? Certainly the dealer does not need to disclose the "chip in the paint of the rear seat center counsel" that was replaced, but if a truck gets a ding in shipping and a new tailgate is put on or fixed, do they have to disclose it?

Last edited:

MZRaptor

Reaction score
Hey man,

Didn't take any offense. I actually appreciate you trying to get someone on this forum a deal, and I was doing the same until I had this experience with this particular dealer (see my other thread).

My issue was the way I was dealt with more than it was the actual ding. If the dealer (and our mutual acquaintance MM) would have said - "Hey, so sorry about the ding, we'll fix it tomorrow and you can come pick it up then." I actually wouldn't have said anything. Isn't this what is to be expected when buying any car, let alone a $70,000 truck? I thought so anyway.

But what was said in actuality was, "My manager said if you don't buy this truck tonight, we're selling it to someone else." That's when I walked.

Sure, they fixed the ding, and maybe my expectation of a discount is unreasonable. But it has to do as much with the way I was treated as it does with the fact that the truck has now had damage repaired.

As for the center console - replacing interior any interior components like center console or door panels, etc, etc has a notorious reputation for resulting in incurable rattles down the line.

I hope the truck works for someone at MSRP, but for me, I'm not OK with an in-house repair of a truck with 9 miles on the odometer without them throwing me a bone. Especially after the ultimatum I was given the night I intended to buy it.

I am not trying to hijack your thread here, just thought anyone who eventually buys the truck should have all the info at their disposal.

Last edited:
OP
OP
M

Miker397

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds fair, and definitely thanks for sharing. I'd be pissed to if they gave me an ultimatum like that without any tact. I didn't interact with the dealer that much, but I know the guy is a car guy and has a GT350, an old Raptor, and a new Raptor now and was cool to talk to about cars for the few minutes he helped me. Otherwise, I just keep telling him I don't care about $50 Meijer cards, I want a GT350R or Ford GT at MSRP lol.

We are just cattle to salesmen, doesn't matter the sticker price!