2018 Raptor Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

audipwr1

Reaction score
New here and just drove a raptor over the weekend. Want to buy one now.

I have searched online and found a few more "bare bones" builds I am in dialogue with dealers on.

Truck will be my weekend truck, trips to tahoe, towing a 6k load (8x per year), going to costco, limited if ever off-roading to be honest.

I am thinking about just getting one with only the 801a package and then the cool looking beadlock wheels.

I would aftermarket add a brake controller, bed liner, xpel the rockers and hood and sway control hitch.

Am I going to be missing out on something from this build I am going to really regret?

Is the front torsen that important? If so can I add it later?

The 801a has heated seats, and rear backup cam which I value, is the 360 cam that helpful?

Thanks all

Loufish

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Whatever truck you buy - Get the factory tow package either by itself or within another big package..factory tow packages are not just the hitch and maybe a 7 pin RV connector, they almost always include an additional trans cooler, and /or eng cooler..and you can't beat that price aftermarket...
Torsion diff?....oh hell yeah get that from the factory!!!....that's a BIG aftermarket ticket and why have a 4wd with an open frt diff...

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Its really for you to decide. Look at 802A package and see if you want all that.

Personally, I like options, no brainer for me.

ThugHunter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Outside your house in the FBI Surveillance Van
If you plan on keeping the truck and think the 801 is good for your needs then do that. If you get bored with vehicles and sell in a couple years, get the 802 as most people will prefer it. The ventilated seats is damn near a must have option for anyone living in the South. Chaffing is the real deal and I’ve never met anyone that likes sitting on leather with sweaty balls. That option alone makes the 802 worth 10k!