2018 Order Progress

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Frank N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I figured I'd check with FP chat...

says:
It shows that the truck has been sent to the plant for production. It has an ETA of 8/7-13 as of now.
says:
That ETA is subject to change, keep in mind.

:big_banana_Dance:

kaypee

Reaction score
New 2018 on order 1FTFW1RG4JFAA00568 Start date Aug. 1 so they say. Can't wait to hear more.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 AM ----------

Does anyone know if White with bed liner, step and cloth tonneau options will delay construction and shipping?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called Ford SVT. They confirmed build date of 7/17/17, said their information still shows a status of "In production" and gave me an ETA to dealer of 7/31-8/6.

FP chat says that the status of my 2018 Raptor has changed from " In Production" to "Produced" with an eta to dealer of 8/6.

Dealer said to cross fingers, as there still could be an inspection snafu which could lead to a delay.

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if White with bed liner, step and cloth tonneau options will delay construction and shipping?

My dealer told me bed liner could delay the build a week or two

EDIT: I've been corrected it typically only causes a delay of few days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer told me bed liner could delay the build a week or two

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The bed liner does not delay a build. The truck is sent off-site, once it is produced, to VPC (Vehicle Personalization Center), to have the liner sprayed. Spray-in liners are not done on the normal assembly line. VPC is within a few miles of the plant. The liner delays the delivery by several days, depending on work load at VPC. Once you receive your new truck, look at the window sticker. Near the bottom, it will say something about "VPC Ship-Thru". That's what the installation of the spray-in liner is about.

Last edited:

fx4210

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The bed liner does not delay a build. The truck is sent off-site, once it is produced, to VPC (Vehicle Personalization Center), to have the liner sprayed. Spray-in liners are not done on the normal assembly line. VPC is within a few miles of the plant. The liner delays the delivery by several days, depending on work load at VPC. Once you receive your new truck, look at the window sticker. Near the bottom, it will say something about "VPC Ship-Thru". That's what the installation of the spray-in liner is about.

Awesome! thanks for explaining that to me the dealer was pretty vague.

Really looking forward to it not delaying the truck very long

The DRis

Reaction score
Ford Performance chat says my order shows as "Unscheduled/Clean". I have both BL and CF on my order. Does this typically mean that at this time there is no production delay foreseen? If CF and BL were truly having issues, wouldn't I have a different status?

kaypee

Reaction score
Thanks for clearing up the bed linner issue. I would not have ordered and had it done here if I knew it would cause any delay at all. I am over 70 years old and I am excited as a kid before Christmas.