2018 at MSRP

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone looking for 2018 Race Red
It's already at the dealer and selling it for MSRP!
Contact LT at 304-910-3097
Ramey ford Princeton.
Princeton WV.

Attachments

• IMG_0983.jpg
    IMG_0983.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 464
  • IMG_0977.jpg
    IMG_0977.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0973.jpg
    IMG_0973.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 160
  • IMG_0976.jpg
    IMG_0976.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_0975.jpg
    IMG_0975.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 133

oinick

Reaction score
Just picked up...

I just bought my second truck ever, a 2018 Raptor, and got it at just below MSRP. This may be due to the fact that my previous truck, a 2015 F150 3.5 EB, spent six weeks in the shop while Ford higher ups tried to diagnose the problem. I think the dealer just wanted to make it right. They took $1000 off MSRP, threw in a bed cover and spray liner, and gave full KBB trade in value on a truck that was still on the lift with the cab removed. I never intended to trade with less than 36000 miles, but would not have felt comfortable taking back a truck with an engine I could not trust anymore. At last count, the dealer estimated Ford had over $9000 in repairs and that was before the last bill was submitted and not counting 35 days of rental car at Ford's expense. Not sure why they didn't drop a new engine, but they didn't and seem to be piece mealing the old one back together by trying new parts added to a new short block approved by Ford. The service manager told me, when asking me to sign the service repair papers, he would not have taken it back either. I asked the new car manager what they would do with my old truck, and he said they'd dump it at auction to avoid having an unhappy customer for the second time with the same truck. And he said the hurricanes in Texas and Florida will ruin hundred of thousands of cars, so he thinks auction prices for used cars will be high, helping them recover some of the good deal they made for me. The other dealer in town is adding $5000 to MSRP on Raptors it sells.

So I am hoping for a better experience with my new Raptor....please advise if anyone knows of engine troubles with 2017 or 2018 models. IMHO, the Raptor is only marginally related to an F150 anyway since it is so well upgraded.

Mcnawsty

Banned
Reaction score
Curious why you bought another ecoboost if your previous was so problematic??
Issues you will see here are cracked plastic oil pans, engine hesitation, stumbling idle, transmission leaks, quirky transmission shifting, rattling wastegates, engine rattle/knocking, and various driveline vibrations. Just things to keep an eye on.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just bought my second truck ever, a 2018 Raptor, and got it at just below MSRP. This may be due to the fact that my previous truck, a 2015 F150 3.5 EB, spent six weeks in the shop while Ford higher ups tried to diagnose the problem. I think the dealer just wanted to make it right. They took $1000 off MSRP, threw in a bed cover and spray liner, and gave full KBB trade in value on a truck that was still on the lift with the cab removed. I never intended to trade with less than 36000 miles, but would not have felt comfortable taking back a truck with an engine I could not trust anymore. At last count, the dealer estimated Ford had over $9000 in repairs and that was before the last bill was submitted and not counting 35 days of rental car at Ford's expense. Not sure why they didn't drop a new engine, but they didn't and seem to be piece mealing the old one back together by trying new parts added to a new short block approved by Ford. The service manager told me, when asking me to sign the service repair papers, he would not have taken it back either. I asked the new car manager what they would do with my old truck, and he said they'd dump it at auction to avoid having an unhappy customer for the second time with the same truck. And he said the hurricanes in Texas and Florida will ruin hundred of thousands of cars, so he thinks auction prices for used cars will be high, helping them recover some of the good deal they made for me. The other dealer in town is adding $5000 to MSRP on Raptors it sells.

So I am hoping for a better experience with my new Raptor....please advise if anyone knows of engine troubles with 2017 or 2018 models. IMHO, the Raptor is only marginally related to an F150 anyway since it is so well upgraded.

Per a survey here a while back, 3/4 of new Raptor owners have had zero issues with their truck. Most common complaint was an oil pan that dripped, but that was fixed by Ford a while ago and won't be a problem on an 18. The transmission was also clunky on the early builds, also not an issue for an 18. Most of the other problems were isolated screwups at the factory or shipping that happen with every make and model.

WhatExit?

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Someone will want it but it's in WV so it may take some time for someone in that area to find your post.

Thanks for putting it up - you've been a huge help to me and others here trying to find a Raptor at MSRP!

cardude99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Curious why you bought another ecoboost if your previous was so problematic??
Issues you will see here are cracked plastic oil pans, engine hesitation, stumbling idle, transmission leaks, quirky transmission shifting, rattling wastegates, engine rattle/knocking, and various driveline vibrations. Just things to keep an eye on.

shut up you troll. ignore this guy. congrats on the purchase. you just had bad luck, i have a 2015 eco with no issues at all and my 2018 raptor is almost here, i have 0 concerns about it. you will love the truck. enjoy it. and congrats on the deal, nice seeing a dealer trying to make it right.