2018' Models being built after 4/2018?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

X5GEE

Reaction score
Was at a Ford Dealer today, talked to a Salesman on ordering a 18' Raptor. He said they won't be built until after April 2018. And if I ordered one, Im not guaranteed to get it. Says I'll be put in some type of lottery.
So my question is, is this guy full of crap? I tend to think so.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes he is. Production starts in July. I was told late August or September to receive mine which is the first allocation.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Yes he is. Production starts in July. I was told late August or September to receive mine which is the first allocation.

I wouldn't hold your breath... ordered mine in July and received it at the end of march. There is no guarantee on anything in this whole process no matter how high the person is you talk to. Yes OP they're full of shit they either have an allocation for you or they don't plain and simple no such thing as a "lottery" unless the dealer is doing it on their own to their customers. Find a new dealer cause this one is starting off on the wrong foot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
X

X5GEE

Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath... ordered mine in July and received it at the end of march. There is no guarantee on anything in this whole process no matter how high the person is you talk to. Yes OP they're full of shit they either have an allocation for you or they don't plain and simple no such thing as a "lottery" unless the dealer is doing it on their own to their customers. Find a new dealer cause this one is starting off on the wrong foot.

This particular dealership isn't my local one. I happened to be passing buy and figured I'd stop in and ask. Couldn't believe what I heard.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
This particular dealership isn't my local one. I happened to be passing buy and figured I'd stop in and ask. Couldn't believe what I heard.

That's good hopefully your local dealer has an allocation for you at MSRP or near it.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath... ordered mine in July and received it at the end of march.

Last year is last year. Unlikely that this year's production is going to sit in a lot for four months.

Also depends on your dealer and many others have ordered with them.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Last year is last year. Unlikely that this year's production is going to sit in a lot for four months.

Also depends on your dealer and many others have ordered with them.

So since it's a new model year dealers are gunna stop being snakes and lying to people and fords going to figure their problems out? Highly unlikely... but we shall see! I sure hope the 2018 guys don't go through what we did.

thump4863

Full Access Member
Reaction score

They didn't start full production on the 2017s until the end of September I believe. I think they have figured everything and they are finally rolling smooth. My dealer has gotten his last 2 in 6 weeks from order to on the lot. I'm hoping Ford keeps that up. But you are right I am planning on a later delivery if that happens. I'm not in a huge hurry or I'd buy the 2017 coming at the end of June that is the exact specks as my 2018.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wouldn't hold your breath...

That's because they didn't start building the 2017's until October or so of last year... Job 1 is middle of July, so they start producing July 15th this year, 4 months ahead of last year. Earliest Raptors (as already stated) will be August of this year.