2018 Leadfoot came home today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapfan

Reaction score
Got my 2018 Today after months of waiting. Loving the color the more I stare at it.

Was really thinking I was going to immediately get new Method wheels but these have grown on me today.

Pretty pumped at the Carbon fiber interior.

Only qualm is that the rear tires seems to have gone out of round or got a flat spot during shipping/sitting, or there is something else funny going on in the rear end. I asked the dealer to re-balance the tires and they said balance was good but confirmed wheels needed to be worn in a bit. Let's see if things settle down.

Anyone else experience this?

Attachments

• IMG_7318.jpg
    IMG_7318.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 485
  • IMG_7316.jpg
    IMG_7316.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 390
  • IMG_7319.jpg
    IMG_7319.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_7305.jpg
    IMG_7305.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 459
Last edited:

ChevTillNow

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Congrats enjoy the new truck! Keep that wallet handy you're going to need it for the mods:biggrin:

And if something's wrong with the rear end don't let the dealership give you a line of crap. Maybe one of the tires is bad stay on them you paid a lot you deserve good service!

omar510

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Got my 2018 Today after months of waiting. Loving the color the more I stare at it.

Was really thinking I was going to immediately get new Method wheels but these have grown on me today.

Only qualm is that the rear tires seems to have rounded during shipping or there is something else funny going on in the rear end. I asked the dealer to re-balance the tires and they said balance was good but confirmed wheels needed to be worn in a bit. Let's see if things settle down.

What part of NorCal are you from?

brownkc81

Reaction score

Only qualm is that the rear tires seems to have gone out of round or got a flat spot during shipping/sitting, or there is something else funny going on in the rear end. I asked the dealer to re-balance the tires and they said balance was good but confirmed wheels needed to be worn in a bit. Let's see if things settle down.

Beautiful truck! Congrats, I am liking the color more and more as well. Still playing the waiting game on mine ordered 7/24. Just curious when did you place your order? The tires should wear in after a few miles would be my guess.

BurnOut

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice! I really like the Leadfoot color... especially with the tailgate aplique, I think it looks really sharp.

OP
OP
Rapfan

Rapfan

Reaction score
Beautiful truck! Congrats, I am liking the color more and more as well. Still playing the waiting game on mine ordered 7/24. Just curious when did you place your order? The tires should wear in after a few miles would be my guess.

Thanks! Yeah once you see it in person it makes a huge diff.
I ordered early July, and added th carbon fiber a few weeks later.
My truck was delayed 3 weeks from scheduled delivery as it was stuck on a losing dock in MI.

I've heard from another friend that ordered his around the same time that Ford ran out of the bead lock wheels so that's put a hold on production of those trucks. So if you don't have a VIN assigned yet that could be the issue. I'd push your dealer for more info as I got weekly updates from my dealer.
Hope that helps, but boy is it a long wait.

---------- Post added at 08:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:06 AM ----------

Thanks! Yeah already have a wish list on wheels and front bumper and lift. Just going to enjoy it stock for a bit before I pull some triggers as man are the parts pricey