2018 lead foot paint problem/corrosion

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

achenator

Reaction score
2018 raptor paint problem/corrosion
Had my new Raptor about 6 weeks. Brought it in the garage this weekend for a paint correction and coating. After spending all day on the lower parts I get up on the roof to find a problem. Looks like a defect in the paint or clear coat or maybe even some bubbling underneath. I can see what looks like a few small bubbles a few mm from the real bad area that looks like maybe under the paint. Its not on a seam so there is no sealer problem, its just up against that body line. The idea of paint work on a brand new 70k truck does not sit well with me. Its hard to see unless you get over the top of it because its in the crease of the body line. I looked over the truck before I signed for it bit whatever. IMO it left the factory like this as it doesn't look "fresh". Any ideas?

https://imgur.com/a/AozGu

jabroni619

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Do you have any sort of wrap/bra on the vehicle? That looks like it could have been caused by a heat gun

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Looks like something contaminated the clear. Unfortunately a trip to the dealer and a respray of the roof to correct it.

Long shot, but is it sticky? The roof is covered with plastic during shipping could it be glue residue?