2018 Key fob pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I've been looking to keep a 3rd key in my office. Once a part number comes out for this I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on one and hopefully I can program it on my 2017. Or maybe I'll just stop by the dealer next week sometime.

Does anybody have a link to a 2017 programming procedure? Aside from the key cutting, is this something that can be done on your own without dealer assistance?

It is a dressed up f250 key which has been confirmed to work on 17s

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hope it still has the range on my '17...I hit my truck from almost 3/16 mile (eyeballed) away with it tonight...I was shocked.

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've actually be considering making a custom key cover for the electrical circuit board. I HATE how big this $#@$#@$ key is. It looks like the new on is slightly smaller, but still way to big.

Msb.19d

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is it worth trading in 2017 model for the 2018 with the upgraded key fob. It is pretty nice looking. Probably will aslong as I don't lose over 10k during the trad in. The 18 fob is so much smaller and even says raptor on it

8WOOD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't its actually that much different in overall size. It's fatter but slightly thinner.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well once one of you brave souls commit and do the key fob swap let us all know :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
One key fob upgrade not previously discussed was access to the mechanical key. It’s much cleaner and easier to access the key in the new fob.

Worth the $$ to program and purchase them? Meh.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to write to Ford and suggest that they offer designer key fobs. The options are nearly endless...
- Patriotic American fob with flag design
- Liberal/Progressive fob with bleeding heart design
- Feminist fob with burning bra design
- Redneck fob with beer can design
- Computer Geek fob with keyboard and bunny slippers design
- Law Enforcement fob with badge/shield design
- Republican fob with Constitution design
- Democratic fob absent any design at all
- Black Lives Matter design with burning Ferguson, Missouri design
- GEN1 fob with big ass engine design
- GEN2 fob with key fob design
...and so forth. It would cost Ford almost nothing, but they could charge $250 a pop for them and people would pay it. Come on, Ford, think outside the box!

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i've actually be considering making a custom key cover for the electrical circuit board. I HATE how big this $#@$#@$ key is. It looks like the new on is slightly smaller, but still way to big.

I wish they sold a proximity sensor only fob. Could probably be the size of a thick quarter if they ditched the key and all the buttons.