2018 Key fob pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xerert

Reaction score
I guess the correct key blanket oem# should be: 164-r8175, check the link below:
http://s3.amazonaws.com/aftermarket-data/docs/literaturedocs/Key Chart.pdf

btw, where did you buy the key fob 164-r8185, it seems the ebay link posted on this thread is oem# 164-r8166 which also has silver buttons (vs gunmetal buttons on 164-8185).

:sexywiz:

Heads up guys...

The eBay link that was previously posted on here for the blank key blade is NOT genuine Ford. It is a MUCH cheaper quality aftermarket part. Beware of any key blank under $25.

The OEM key supplier to Ford is Strattec. Very high quality.

Also, be aware that the Raptor Key Blank has a GUNMETAL finish to match the new Gen 5 keyfob and the Raptor's interior metal bits and pieces -- NOT bright silver like many others have been purchasing. The bright silver key blanks are for the regular F-150s. Currently, Strattec has not released the new GUNMETAL keyblanks to Ford as of yet. I will update this post when we have an ETA or they become available.

OEM Part Numbers:

• 2018 Raptor Key: 164-R8185
  • 2018 Raptor Key Blank: TBA (the GUNMETAL key blank has not been released as a part as of yet)

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

[/COLOR]FYI, this latest key fob is known as the 'Gen 5' fob at Ford/Strattec. So we can stop calling it the 2018 Raptor fob. LOL

The 2017 Raptor had a plain ol' Gen 4 'FORD' fob as the supplier didn't have the Gen 5 'RAPTOR' fob ready in time for the 2017 model year.

I upgraded BOTH of mine to the Gen 5 and deleted the Gen 4s.

Any 2018 Raptor owners want to buy my Gen 4 fobs? :jester:

thepro8

Reaction score
Waiting on my 18 raptor to show up. My wife just got a new MDX with push button and I’m super jealous. My ‘13 fx4 key seems so old school now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the indicator light brighter green on the new fob? During the day time its hard to see , red lights up bright though. Not a big deal really, just curious.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got 2 emergency key blanks if anyone wants them. Fits these new Gen 5 Raptor Fobs.

These are Genuine Ford, not cheap aftermarket crap. BRAND NEW, factory sealed package. Ford Part #: 164-R8168

Take them to the your local Ford Dealer's Parts Department to get cut. Don't take it to the service department, as they'll try to make up some reason to charge an exorbitant fee to cut them. In reality, it only takes 5 minutes. Most dealers parts departments won't charge for a simple cut to match your existing keys.

Dealer price for these key blanks is usually around $60+. Only asking $35 each shipped or $60 for both!

LMK

Last edited:

Samx

Reaction score
Hello Folks,

I have a 2017 Raptor, I ordered the 2018 Key Fob and have tried the instructions provided on this form but no luck.

My 2017 Raptor doesn’t have the “backup Key spot” under the rubber mat of the front console pocket.

Any advise on how to program a 2018 key Fob for my truck?

Thank!

---------- Post added at 12:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:19 AM ----------

Never mind, figured it out. The 2017 + have the back up key spot located under the first cup holder.

Followed the instructions found 3 pages back...but After you put in the unprogrammed key and hit the first Stop/Start...take a pause and see what the truck screen tells you...as it goes blank for a sec and then finishes the programming.

Shockm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'm hoping for a VIN soon. When I made the deal the truck order had already been placed as a stock order and because a VIN hadn't been issued the GSM called while I was standing there and changed the order. He mentioned that by changing it to a retail order it was more likely the allocation would get pulled sooner but who knows. Several days later I reached out to FP on my own with the order number and dealer code and they at least confirmed they could see the details of the order on their end.

It may very well be in a holding pattern due to a commodity lock out at the moment but of course they couldn't comment on that.

But that's all I have right now.

Mike Bass Ford in Sheffield, Ohio has 9 new 2018 Raptors at sticker. Why wait? ����

Last edited:

SOAKINRED

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks

This method is Wrong! Missing a step, use the instructions put out below......

I received delivery today, followed wrong instructions, after replacing battery and trying Ford's method I found the above correct method and it worked easily. Works! Thanks[/QUOTE]

Hey Thanks!

Got my key today and your instructions worked perfectly, took less than two minutes
:favorites13: