2018 Key fob pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I followed instructions and was not able to program 3rd key. Tried it in my garage last night. Nothing happens and no messages on dash throughout process.

Could I be missing a small step not in the instructions listed above? I’m I stuck going to the dealer?

Any help would be appreciated.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It took me a few attempts. The key ring needs to be up and I believe the remote buttons facing towards the front is what finally worked for me

hmgt3

Reaction score
Did anyone have their key not work after getting the confirmation message that the keys have been successfully programmed?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

oswiff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, I followed instructions and was not able to program 3rd key. Tried it in my garage last night. Nothing happens and no messages on dash throughout process.

Could I be missing a small step not in the instructions listed above? I’m I stuck going to the dealer?

Any help would be appreciated.

So for me, it didn't work the first two times I tried with key rings and my house keys attached. I think the key fobs weren't sitting properly in the slot.
I removed all key rings so the key fobs would sit well in the slot. I held each key in the slot - not pushing down or anything, just make sure it was making full contact - and as the original instructions stated, used my left hand to press the start/stop with each sequence.
You definitely don't need to go to the dealer.
Good luck

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:sexywiz:

Heads up guys...

The eBay link that was previously posted on here for the blank key blade is NOT genuine Ford. It is a MUCH cheaper quality aftermarket part. Beware of any key blank under $25.

The OEM key supplier to Ford is Strattec. Very high quality.

Also, be aware that the Raptor Key Blank has a GUNMETAL finish to match the new Gen 5 keyfob and the Raptor's interior metal bits and pieces -- NOT bright silver like many others have been purchasing. The bright silver key blanks are for the regular F-150s. Currently, Strattec has not released the new GUNMETAL keyblanks to Ford as of yet. I will update this post when we have an ETA or they become available.

OEM Part Numbers:

• 2018 Raptor Key: 164-R8185
  • 2018 Raptor Key Blank: TBA (the GUNMETAL key blank has not been released as a part as of yet)

---------- Post added at 07:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:00 PM ----------

[/COLOR]FYI, this latest key fob is known as the 'Gen 5' fob at Ford/Strattec. So we can stop calling it the 2018 Raptor fob. LOL

The 2017 Raptor had a plain ol' Gen 4 'FORD' fob as the supplier didn't have the Gen 5 'RAPTOR' fob ready in time for the 2017 model year.

I upgraded BOTH of mine to the Gen 5 and deleted the Gen 4s.

Any 2018 Raptor owners want to buy my Gen 4 fobs? :jester:

Last edited:

mcasseba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys! Programmed successful, I was waiting to long in between switching keys, only need 3 secs each.

Also, just saw post. Ordered the cheaper version but had it cut and works great.

Predator

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought two new Gen 5 keys, and want to DELETE the old ones entirely. Anyone know how to do this short of visiting the dealer?

solsurfr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Programming successful. Getting 2nd key for the wife now that I know the new one works. Thanks for all the help!