2018 Gen 2 Dash Bubble At Altitude

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WildClyde

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My Gen 2 Screw was delivered on 8/27/17 and built on 8/8/17.

I was at 8500' for five days and a bubble appeared under the leather on the driver's side dash on day 2. The bubble subsided when I came back to sea level.

My servicing dealer's body shop said:
1. ignore it ie live with it
2. put a pin hole in it (another body guy said if you make a hole it will get wider so don't make a hole)
3. everyone said don't replace the dash

Comments appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_8511.jpg
    IMG_8511.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 79

coder

Reaction score
Here are my top three recommendations:

1) Show the dealer the picture and have them fix/replace the top of the dash (if they refuse go to #2)

2) Do nothing (if it gets worse and drives you crazy go to #3)

3) Buy the smallest syringe you can find (29 gauge insulin syringes are very tiny), fill it will some epoxy, poke one hole right in the center and inject a modest amount of epoxy in it then press it down with something until it dries, make sure no epoxy is left on the dash it should fill the hole and make is virtually invisible

Last edited:

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks. This might be a rare case, but we still need to let ford know about these things. Ford makes a good truck, but I want a better one from them. Better quality overall, squeaks, rattles, etc. The only way we can have a better product in the furture is if ford hears us.

Jtnuge

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other issue with the bubble has been up by the windshwild area, in the very front. Both sides get a arch where the dash is thin. I've never heard of this one by the instrument cluster. Mine has the two arches up front. Ford knows of this and has replaced some dashes. They have not made a change that I know of yet in the design, but they need to. This day and age and we have dashes that get warped, come on. Plain stupid.