2018 forged wheel supplier issue?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mattkc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here we go again! Just saw this post from a dealer that got this info from their Ford rep. Supposedly there aren't any orders being taken for those who want the beadlock wheels right now, and orders with the normal cast wheels are being built beforehand. Anyone else heard anything about this?

Dng38D7.jpg

Last edited:

Poodles84

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I heard this from a dealer as well, but my buddy just had an order pulled with the beadlock option for August build. Mine goes in today, so we'll see.

ovrlnd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine has beadlocks and carbon. Have VIN and scheduled week of August 14.

Could be though that they've scheduled all the beadlocks they can for now and are putting the rest on material hold.

Ruri

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The beadlocks should have been standard for 2018, not the appliqué

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How have they still not figured this out????? I had to wait about an extra 3 months to get the deadlocks on my truck. But I got what I wanted...

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How have they still not figured this out????? I had to wait about an extra 3 months to get the deadlocks on my truck. But I got what I wanted...

My 2018 7/17 build has beadlocks. I've also seen other 2018's with later build dates with beadlocks on them. I'll let you know if my truck actually does get built that day with the beadlocks.

rohardi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2018 7/17 build has beadlocks. I've also seen other 2018's with later build dates with beadlocks on them. I'll let you know if my truck actually does get built that day with the beadlocks.

If you have a build date/vin you should be good. They would have allocated a set of wheels for your build at that point. You'll be able to pull your window sticker about a week before and they should show on your window sticker as well. That will tell you for sure they will be on the truck. Good luck!

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you have a build date/vin you should be good. They would have allocated a set of wheels for your build at that point. You'll be able to pull your window sticker about a week before and they should show on your window sticker as well. That will tell you for sure they will be on the truck. Good luck!

I've had the window sticker since last Tuesday. I'll believe it when I see it though :).

I've got the very first build date for the '18's. Monday Jul 17th. My dealer said that there is always the possibility that Ford will discover some type of recall item on the early builds that could postpone delivery. For instance, the new to Ford B&O sound systems could have a fault. That would likely cause many weeks of delay. Fingers are crossed.