2018 deal gone.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SilverBolt

Hired Gun
Reaction score
Well my slam dunk deal on a 2018 is history. The dealership changed hands and will not honor their promise. Same dealer I bought my 2011 from and same dealer my brother in law works at. I hadn't signed anything so no legal leg to stand on. Just ****** way to treat a customer. I can get a "D" plan on an F150 just not a Raptor. My Raptor dealer was supposed to be invoice +$500. Now I am in search of a dealer that will do an order at MSRP. Even that I am having a tough time justifying since I could get a Platinum and save almost $10k over an MSRP Raptor.

Gibson2015

Reaction score
I was sort of in the same boat. At the time I had a dealer willing to do MSRP but I didn't have all the money I wanted to put down to keep my payments somewhat​ reasonable. Trade in started to need some work and I decided to bite the bullet and couldn't find a dealer willing to budge off of markup when it was time. I went with a 502A Lariat. While I can't say I'm 100 percent happy, I'm about 96 percent there and saved almost all my down payment money so it worked out. I'll just be slightly jealous when I see a raptor ripping down the road, but there will be more in the future (I hope). Loving the truck though, just not a special as I wished it was. Good luck in finding another deal, OP. At the end of the day, the F150 is still a really nice truck that I'm sure will serve you well.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
I was sort of in the same boat. At the time I had a dealer willing to do MSRP but I didn't have all the money I wanted to put down to keep my payments somewhat​ reasonable. Trade in started to need some work and I decided to bite the bullet and couldn't find a dealer willing to budge off of markup when it was time. I went with a 502A Lariat. While I can't say I'm 100 percent happy, I'm about 96 percent there and saved almost all my down payment money so it worked out. I'll just be slightly jealous when I see a raptor ripping down the road, but there will be more in the future (I hope). Loving the truck though, just not a special as I wished it was. Good luck in finding another deal, OP. At the end of the day, the F150 is still a really nice truck that I'm sure will serve you well.

Did you end up with a 5L truck?

Gibson2015

Reaction score
Did you end up with a 5L truck?

5L? As in 5.0 liter V8? I went with the Ecoboost 3.5. This is my first truck and, at this time, don't NEED it to tow anything, but who knows what the future holds, so I felt the 470 lb ft of torque would be useful in a towing situation. It is 3.31 gears though, so it's not gonna be towing the full 6 tons or so. It definitely has some balls getting off the line. It's a 17 so it's got the 10 speed, which I've been told helps offset having the 3.31 compared to the 3.55 gears from the 6 speed, with the help of the extra 50 lb ft of torque.

I came from a Mazdaspeed 3 so it's a much different vehicle, but I'm a bit older and the hot hatch just isn't my type of vehicle anymore. This truck feels as fast or faster than the Speed3 I left behind, so I've got no complaints. I'm grateful to have gotten a pretty good deal on this truck, but a small part of me still wishes it would have been the raptor. I'm happy though, it's great truck. Sorry for being long winded.

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
These are going to be harder and harder to sell now that the ecoboost engine problems are popping up.
It is interesting that the new Ranger will have a 'Raptor-ized' version which will utilize the current 3.5 ecoboost. That will push the new engine into the raptor.

ekaz

Reaction score
These are going to be harder and harder to sell now that the ecoboost engine problems are popping up.
It is interesting that the new Ranger will have a 'Raptor-ized' version which will utilize the current 3.5 ecoboost. That will push the new engine into the raptor.

UGH with your posts already (and this is coming from a noob)

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I honestly think Sasquatch is actually donald trump. The crap that comes out of his mouth are astoundingly dumb, day in and day out.