2018 Damaged in transit/at ford

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schard70

Reaction score
Been in love with the Raptor since they first came out (gen 1) and I finally received my 2018! I checked over the truck pretty thoroughly (or so I thought) in pre-delivery and didn't catch anything. Drove out of the dealership about 20 minutes to a buddies house and we found that the windshield was cracked at the very top in the middle and there were dents along the passenger side roof line. The dealer has already admitted that this was fault of either Ford or the Transit company and they will fix both the windshield and the roof. My biggest concern is the location of the dents on the roof line.

Does anyone know if this area of the roof will be a regular dent removal or given its in a potentially structural area of the cab would it turn into a more serious roof repair?

Attachments

• roof1.jpg
    roof1.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 81
  • roof2.jpg
    roof2.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 77
  • roof3.jpg
    roof3.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 89
  • windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 84

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what I do for a living and those only go on the top deck on the trailer but the damage doesn't look like a tree hit or traffic light. That has to be factory or hail. Normally when it's the transports fault you can tell.

CaptainInterwebs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so glad you guys are making these posts. It's really helping me get a mental checklist of things to look for when mine gets here next month.