2018 Chevy Reaper to Take on the Ford Raptor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnjoemd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is the 2014 reaper. I looked into buying this about a year and a half ago. Chevy was supposed to buy the reaper design from southern comfort but canceled the deal with the new body style. I spoke to a higher up at southern comfort and they were not going to R&D a reaper for the new body style as Chevy was not interested in the investment. Things could have changed but I doubt it. If they are coming out with a 2018 reaper it will not look like the truck in the article. I have a strong suspicion that's a FOS click bait article.

OP
OP
T

Twisted

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They make it sound like it's coming from GM and not Lingenfelter/Southern Comfort. It's just a tuner truck, and maybe one of the ugliest things I've ever seen

Kinda sounded like it could be B.S. Agree on the ugly part. Power plant is interesting though. Could get Ford to offer the the V8 twin turbo sooner, if Chevy really introduces this.

Last edited:

Autophanatic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like it's not a factory truck, but rather an aftermarket package offering similar to the Shelby F150. Interesting.

I'm really anxious to see if Ram actually produces the TRX... Now THAT would be cool.

I'm a huge TRX fan; it would be incredible! I've been saying it for months, since I joined this forum, but I'm very surprised just how good even the RAM Rebel is, being a former 2-time Gen 1 owner.