2018 "Check Brake System"

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may or may not fix the problem. That is what Ford tells the techs to replace first (I assume it is the most often the problem). I had to have both hubs worked on and also had a leak in the connector on my 19, after they replace the sensor and it did not fix it.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That may or may not fix the problem. That is what Ford tells the techs to replace first (I assume it is the most often the problem). I had to have both hubs worked on and also had a leak in the connector on my 19, after they replace the sensor and it did not fix it.

Ford doesn’t tell them to replace anything. The tech needs to pull the DTCs and perform the corresponding diagnostics in the Workshop Manual.

A vacuum sensor failure is unrelated to the hub disconnect system.

jzweedyk

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford doesn’t tell them to replace anything. The tech needs to pull the DTCs and perform the corresponding diagnostics in the Workshop Manual.

A vacuum sensor failure is unrelated to the hub disconnect system.
Not arguing, obviously you know way more than I do, but I am relating what my dealer said. After running the diagnostics they called support and were told to replace the sensor. When I took it in again with the same problem, Ford again told them to replace the same sensor. They didn't and found other leaks. Small town dealer, but very honest and upfront. It was the vacuum leak that caused the "check brakes" light and alarm.