GEN 2 2018 Changes

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Those guys are idiots. Nothing new here. Although he says Magna red is new for Raptor but it's Race Red. Manga Red is new for 2018 F150s but it is not available on the Raptor.

brzon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2018 pics up on the configurator make me think the following related to 2018 changes:

B&O on center dash speaker
Shark fin style XM antenna on roof
Same tailgate with applique, but an "ECOBOOST" badge has been added to lower RH corner. Still no definition on applique delete tailgate appearance...
Unclear on configurator but appears that center (plastic mounted) ultrasonic back-up sensors are gone and just 2 outboard sensors remain?

vehicle.png

vehicle.png

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Upon closer inspection, it appears the the 2 inboard ultrasonic back-up sensors have been moved to just above the tailpipes...assume due to hitch errors (ref. other post on this topic).

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The 2018 pics up on the configurator make me think the following related to 2018 changes:

B&O on center dash speaker
Shark fin style XM antenna on roof
Same tailgate with applique, but an "ECOBOOST" badge has been added to lower RH corner. Still no definition on applique delete tailgate appearance...
Unclear on configurator but appears that center (plastic mounted) ultrasonic back-up sensors are gone and just 2 outboard sensors remain?

vehicle.png

vehicle.png

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Upon closer inspection, it appears the the 2 inboard ultrasonic back-up sensors have been moved to just above the tailpipes...assume due to hitch errors (ref. other post on this topic).

That isn't an eco boost badge on the tailgate. It's the flex fuel badge. It is only shown in one of the rear views. I don't think that the Raptor is flex fuel capable, it's just an image generation error caused by the fact that the configurator uses the same elements from other models when rendering the image. Perfect example is the attatched pic that shows when you add power running boards to a Lariat, it overlays the fixed running board. The configurator is not accurate and uses computer generated images, hence the note "Representative exterior image shown. Actual exterior may vary. See your dealer for details."
vehicle.png

1phatstang

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 2017 MY Raptor configurator showed EcoBoost badges on each of the front doors. It never happened.