2018 Auto Lender and Invoicing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RaptorQT

Reaction score
Hey guys, I am very close to taking delivery of my 2018 and I have a couple of questions that hopefully you've had experience on.

Have any of you secured funding prior to pick-up? I plan on using PenFed for my auto loan and have been preapproved. They have the VIN on the vehicle and know the purchase price already. Because I have a pretty large down payment they will not fund the loan without an invoice from my dealer showing the planned amount of down payment. I requested this from my dealer a week ago, but have not been able to get the invoice from him.
Have you ever had problems getting invoicing prior to delivery? Should I press my dealer a little harder to get me the invoice prior to arriving at the dealership?

2014RubyRed

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Dealers are notoriously lazy about stuff like this. I'm assuming you put money down to secure the order? As far as they are concerned, their tiny amount of work is over and they have moved on. DEMAND an invoice copy and remind whoever argues about it that YOU are the customer and what you are asking for isn't out of the norm. Go straight to the general manager.

Reaction score
If you're about to take delivery, how do you not have a buyers order?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Actually, why does PenFed need an invoice? When I got a loan from them, they didn't need anything from me, other than having the dealer to fill out the check with info and title sent in within 5 months.

OP
OP
RaptorQT

RaptorQT

Reaction score
If you're about to take delivery, how do you not have a buyers order?

---------- Post added at 05:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 PM ----------

Actually, why does PenFed need an invoice? When I got a loan from them, they didn't need anything from me, other than having the dealer to fill out the check with info and title sent in within 5 months.

PenFed requested an invoice because we are asking for a loan amount much lower than the value of the truck. With the large down payment they want to see it reflected in detail. Thats what they told me.

Dealer sent me the invoice today, everything looks great! Next stop Raptorville! :)

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's weird. I financed my truck with pen fed. I put around a 80% down payment and took out a small loan. They just wanted the vin and dealer name. Sent me a check. 1.49 percent financing hard to beat.

90slow50

Reaction score
Checked out their website, even though I am not a "member" can I get the 1.49% financing? I plan on calling them tomorrow, but just looking for some help.

Last edited:

Nibbl3s

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Checked out their website, even though I am not a "member" can I get the 1.49% financing? I plan on calling them tomorrow, but just looking for some help.

Easy to become member. My father was military so thats how I got in. I think you can make a donation as well.

I got the 1.49 percent but I have like a 780 credit score and only financed 17k towards the truck rest was cash.