2017 Supercab Ride Quality

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tourbill0n

Reaction score
I wanted to see if anyone else with a SCAB is experiencing excessive bumpiness/shaking at highway speeds? It's not constant, but happens frequently enough to make the ride pretty uncomfortable. It almost feels like a few wheels are out of balance when it happens, but I've only had it 2 weeks and about 800 miles so that has to be unlikely.

The tire pressure from the dealership was 45PSI so I tried lowering it to 38PSI per the door sticker and it did feel smoother overall, but didn't help the highway issue. I'm guessing this is normal and more so with it being a shorter wheelbase compared to the SCREW?

TornadoRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Have your Dealer check your tire balance. Couple guys had similar issues and some tires were unable to be balanced so the dealer replaced them.

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is it bouncy everywhere, or only on certain roads? There is a concrete highway by me that has bumps at the same frequency as the suspension. Pretty annoying because it almost feels like going over washboards the way it gets the truck going. But it only happens on that stretch of highway and is not evident on other road surfaces. Big tires, soft suspension, and a long wheelbase makes this truck more prone to this kind of harmonic vibrations.

If you feel the vibrations on all roads surfaces but only at certain speeds, say 60 to 80 mph, but they disappear above or below these speeds, then that is most likely a wheel balance. If you feel it everywhere, all the time, it could be a bent rim or misshapen tire.

mr_beaverhousen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As someone who dealt with this issue on my SCREW I would highly recommend you go to your dealer to have the truck's tire balanced. The key is road force balancing which someone suggested to me on this board when I had the issue and was invaluable.

The trucks ride on normal roads should feel the most bumpy in slow traffic/stop and go/just shoot me conditions. The ride should get smoother as your speed increases, not worse.

And if your dealer states everything is balanced and you still feel abnormal vibration, I would suggest going to an independent BF Goodrich dealer who has a road force balancing machine to verify the tires are within spec. My dealer totally failed in this regard.

Last edited:

Robtor310

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Running 40 psi cold. 900 miles of street / moderate dirt trails so id consider it broken in.

There are certain lanes at certain speeds, 60-80, that put the truck into a mini sine wave. For me its just a combination of road and suspension. If change lanes, or a new part of freeway comes up it goes away.

I did get a road force balance done for peace of mind and it improved things overall. The lefts were 1-2 oz off, one right wheel was dead on and the other right wheel had the correct weight but the weight was on the wrong side of the barrel...

Last edited:

sobiloff

Reaction score
Maybe you're feeling suspension jounce? Can happen over expansion joints in concrete roadways. The usual solution is to put more weight in the bed.