# of 2017 Raptors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bdub85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They'll keep making them just like they have been with the GT350's.

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We know at least 15k since that was the number that Ford said they had to rework several times. I would bet that number is probably nearly the full production build.

Mr Sasquatch, where do you get your info? Do you hate people so much that you just make this stuff up? Out of 15000 trucks there where 2400 Raptors in that group, some maybe all had issues, but before you speak/type, search this very site and you will find the correct information. Then when you make a statement like this it would hold some credit. Right now you just tend to give us all a good laugh! At this stage it is good to be able to laugh, but good god just once you might want what you post to be correct. I understand that you are a Gen 1 owner, and glad for you, I got to keep and drive my uncles Gen 1 and it's a very good truck, but, when I drove my buddies Gen 2 I was glad I have one on the way. Now if you have some info on the Gen 2 that might help us out let's here it, but if you only go on what pops in your head, please research it first, that way if it's as bad as you make it, it will be worth while info for people who have Gen2 Raptors and who have ordered and are waiting on theirs! All info is good info as long as it ture information, not something made up and passed on! Ture numbers do not lie. Thanks and have a great day!

Last edited:

Mr Roarke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Haha, just keep making it like the GT350? They built 5000 a year of those, and no production over the winter. There will be as many raptors in 1 year (15,000) as there is in 3 year of the GT350, excluding the R model. Model year 2017 with the raptor will probably be the lower end while 2018 may prove to build 20,000+ raptors. On the scale of how many F150s to mustangs they sell annually , the raptor is still lower than GT350.

Last edited:

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Mr Sasquatch, where do you get your info? Do you hate people so much that you just make this stuff up? Out of 15000 trucks there where 2400 Raptors in that group, some maybe all had issues, but before you speak/type, search this very site and you will find the correct information. Then when you make a statement like this it would hold some credit. Right now you just tend to give us all a good laugh! At this stage it is good to be able to laugh, but good god just once you might want what you post to be correct. I understand that you are a Gen 1 owner, and glad for you, I got to keep and drive my uncles Gen 1 and it's a very good truck, but, when I drove my buddies Gen 2 I was glad I have one on the way. Now if you have some info on the Gen 2 that might help us out let's here it, but if you only go on what pops in your head, please research it first, that way if it's as bad as you make it, it will be worth while info for people who have Gen2 Raptors and who have ordered and are waiting on theirs! All info is good info as long as it ture information, not something made up and passed on! Ture numbers do not lie. Thanks and have a great day!

One item I noticed about your statement... there is a difference in owning a vehicle versus driving a vehicle. All vehicles can be made fun to drive. Ownership is a different experience. I have had at least one Gen 1 Raptor for a few years.... also, 2 ecoboost trucks. The ecoboost is fun to drive, BUT owning it and it's problems has been a nightmare. I won't have another 3.5 ecoboost. The manufacturing nightmare of the 17s should scare people. They will also b angry when they see what is coming! That is the one I am waiting for

Ltl6pack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One item I noticed about your statement... there is a difference in owning a vehicle versus driving a vehicle. All vehicles can be made fun to drive. Ownership is a different experience. I have had at least one Gen 1 Raptor for a few years.... also, 2 ecoboost trucks. The ecoboost is fun to drive, BUT owning it and it's problems has been a nightmare. I won't have another 3.5 ecoboost. The manufacturing nightmare of the 17s should scare people. They will also b angry when they see what is coming! That is the one I am waiting for����
Not doubting your research at all, I had the Gen1 for a couple of months and took it for its tune and other mods and made sure it is what he wanted. He spent a good amount of money to make the Gen 1 better for him. As far as the 3.5 ecoboost, I am driving a 15 with the very motor your talking about, no issues yet, but you need to do more research on the differents from the 15/16 3.5, and the TT3.5 for the Raptors. And yes some old and young people hate change, if you do not grow, adapt and change you go the way of the past hot rods, which by the way I own 3, and to add to your 6 verses 8 sound, nothing better than a real 8 from the late 60s with a nice cam and long tube headers, but 52 years later you might just want to change and inbrace it! Up to you, but I am a person of the glass is half full, unlike some who see it half empty. Again if you would provide the facts and numbers to back your statements, then you will be where you want to be!

nitronate33

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ford could/would make and sell a lot more if dealers stopped trying to rip everyone off. honestly, if they changed their allocation model it would be a huge step in the right direction. IMO, ford's inability to control their dealer network is the reason these so-called "specialty" vehicles get produced in lower numbers. lots of guys (like myself) that would love a raptor end up buying something else or waiting because of this. these are not special cars/trucks, they are add-on packages and built on the same assembly line as their more modest counterparts. ford could produce them in crazy numbers if they wanted to.

all makes react to the market quickly these days, adjusting production accordingly. the market, however, is highly influenced by dealers letting raptors and gt350s sit on their lots at ridiculous prices. imagine how many more people would purchase if there were no dealer markups?

shapiroeric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol! Funny thing is Ford said they would build as many as they had orders for....but that sure as shit doesn't seem like it's going to happen since the dealers won't accept any orders without allocation.

Ford hasn't even built or picked up ordered allocations that have been sitting in the system for 1 month+.....

Sasquatch77

Banned
Reaction score
Not doubting your research at all, I had the Gen1 for a couple of months and took it for its tune and other mods and made sure it is what he wanted. He spent a good amount of money to make the Gen 1 better for him. As far as the 3.5 ecoboost, I am driving a 15 with the very motor your talking about, no issues yet, but you need to do more research on the differents from the 15/16 3.5, and the TT3.5 for the Raptors. And yes some old and young people hate change, if you do not grow, adapt and change you go the way of the past hot rods, which by the way I own 3, and to add to your 6 verses 8 sound, nothing better than a real 8 from the late 60s with a nice cam and long tube headers, but 52 years later you might just want to change and inbrace it! Up to you, but I am a person of the glass is half full, unlike some who see it half empty. Again if you would provide the facts and numbers to back your statements, then you will be where you want to be!

What I am referring to on the 3.5 eco is really two big issues - intercooler condensate buildup causing misfires and cam phaser failure. With the design tweak in 15, and the redesign in 17, neither of these issues was corrected.