2017 Raptor RPG 1.5 collar installation video

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice video, thanks for making it. Knowing what size sockets and other tools are needed for a project up front saves a ton of time.

I'd suggest a right angle impact driver, and a ratcheting allen to save a bit more time too.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just made this video...enjoy, hopefully this will be useful for several of you on here that are looking to install the RPG spring collars on the 2017 Ford Raptor

https://youtu.be/EnL34-Eb2fM

Very nice vid man, we couldn't get the spring to compress enough while still on the truck and we had a pretty good tool. Of course some folks were saying that their springs were very stiff. Either way the job is done and the perch is great.

Azholley

17 AG, 21 IS, R pending
Reaction score
Nice video! You forgot to list your safety glasses on the tools needed!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sp2pilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, well put together video.
Do you happen to have the torque specs of the bolts removed? Also, was an alignment needed after the install?

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Very nice, well put together video.
Do you happen to have the torque specs of the bolts removed? Also, was an alignment needed after the install?

I dont at the moment but I will try and get those for you.

I didn't need an alignment and according to the instructions in the RPG kit for the 1.5s you will not need an alignment.

crash457

I'm Batman
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont at the moment but I will try and get those for you.

I didn't need an alignment and according to the instructions in the RPG kit for the 1.5s you will not need an alignment.

I'd disagree. Anytime you change the suspension, an alignment is recommended. I did the ICON AAC and while it increased the height 1.75" as opposed to the 1.5" from RPG, the result was the camber was out by 0.5° and toe was out by 0.75.

OP
OP
B

byz250f

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd disagree. Anytime you change the suspension, an alignment is recommended. I did the ICON AAC and while it increased the height 1.75" as opposed to the 1.5" from RPG, the result was the camber was out by 0.5° and toe was out by 0.75.

I agree with you...just posting what the instruction said...with that being said my truck was still in the ford factory alignment specs after I did the install.

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With the RPG kit I did an alignment just to make sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk