2017 Raptor Rear end squeak - Shocks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
While driving slow today with the windows down I hear what sounds like a bird chirping. I got home and investigated by rocking the bed up and down. Then I pushed the rear bumper up and down. Horrible squeak coming from what I thought were the leaf springs, on both sides. I had washed my truck hours earlier, so that might have caused this. Cant say for sure if it only happens when wet or not.

The first video below shows the squeak. When I shot the first video I thought it was caused by Leaf Springs. Check it out. Also check out my temp fix in the 2nd video. I bet most of you guys have this squeak, at least once shocks get wet. Squeak comes from the rear FOX shocks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ifh-5BuMZE4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQMKyNoA6kg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what did you wash the truck with, a fire hose?

Your workaround is perfectly fine, but a couple things.

1) watch you don’t get whatever you used on or near the brakes, particularly if it’s petroleum based.
2) I’m partial to aerosolized white lithium grease, marine grade. It clings really well, isn’t bothered by water - well, maybe everybody’s water except MJslasherADMIN’s... just sayin’.

YEARS ago i dunked a Beretta 92FS in mineral spirits to clean it. Damn that gun was spanking new clean. Unfortunately, every hint of lubrication was gone. The slide took great force to actuate, and the trigger pull was 2x what it was before. EVERYTHING needed oiling.

I just had the windows down today, but Lucille’s going to have to wait for a bath, since there’s no squeaking.

OP
OP
M

MJslasherADMIN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
what did you wash the truck with, a fire hose?

Your workaround is perfectly fine, but a couple things.

1) watch you don’t get whatever you used on or near the brakes, particularly if it’s petroleum based.
2) I’m partial to aerosolized white lithium grease, marine grade. It clings really well, isn’t bothered by water - well, maybe everybody’s water except MJslasherADMIN’s... just sayin’.

YEARS ago i dunked a Beretta 92FS in mineral spirits to clean it. Damn that gun was spanking new clean. Unfortunately, every hint of lubrication was gone. The slide took great force to actuate, and the trigger pull was 2x what it was before. EVERYTHING needed oiling.

I just had the windows down today, but Lucille’s going to have to wait for a bath, since there’s no squeaking.

For what its worth, I washed it at 11am. This video was shot at 5pm. 6 hours after a minor wash. Im not sure I could have washed it any easier. Washed it at a car wash, didnt focus on the undercarriage much. The shocks shouldnt squeak that badly from a little direct spray and some overspray from the fenders. But Im not concerned, figured a few might appreciate the insight.

Brakes looks good. No lubricant on calipers, rotors or pads.

When hearing it while driving I was moving 5 miles an hour and it was quite around me.